What is up with iChat?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ITASOR, Sep 15, 2007.

1. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

What is going on with iChat? I used to love iChat...it worked awesome and looked great. I hate Adium and all those other clients. Just don't like they way they work or look.

Is iChat starting to really suck for other people as well?

There is no way to view away messages. This was always OK because you can point to their name and the away message pops up. Now, when pointing to people's names the away messages pop up maybe 25% of the time.

People put up away messages, then change them. iChat doesn't update to the changed message until like hours later...

People put up away messages then come back. iChat keeps half the messages displayed as "Available" status messages. This is not supposed to happen.

The method of adding someone to your buddy list is stupid. Who has someone in their address book already that they would add? Why does it default to an @mac.com screen name. How many people ACTUALLY use those?

If I didn't dislike Adium I would switch to it. Oh well.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

May I ask why you dislike Adium? Its so customizable that its fantastic for me (I could even make it look like iChat if I wanted)...

3. ITASOR thread starter macrumors 601

ITASOR

I used to use Adium back when it was new and every time I tried it I always went back to iChat for various reasons. Mostly because of Direct Connect (although I think that works now, right?) and I just didn't like the way it worked in general. I don't have a real reason :eek:, I just always seemed to like iChat better so that's what I used. Hopefully it'll be fixed with Leopard.

4. iElin macrumors newbie

yea direct connect works now, with adium.