What is up with Photo Stream?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by ScottNWDW, Nov 13, 2012.

1. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Unil the past week or so Photo Stream would update my photos on my iPhone, MacBook Pro and iPad practically within minutes. I've noticed the past fw days though it is taking forever to update. Earlier today I took about 35 photos, and as of now, a good 8 hours later only about 10 of those photos are showing in my photo stream. I took them with my iPhone 5 and they appear in the Camera Roll, but nowhere in Photo Photo Stream yet.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Apple has had some issue with iMessage, iTunes Match and FaceTime so it's safe to assume PhotoStream as well.

PhotoStream will delete those pics after 30 days so it's not a huge loss if they aren't uploaded. Just make sure to sync them with a computer in the event you accidentally delete one.

I'd recommend getting something like Dropbox that will upload all of your pictures to a folder on Dropbox's servers that won't get deleted until you delete them yourself.

While I like PhotoStream, I don't rely on it since it is sometimes flaky.