What is up with the Safari 'bookmarks bar'?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zellio, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Zellio macrumors 65816

Zellio

I've switched to using Safari for... Well I've never really used it except on a G4 and on ipad... I've always used either chrome or IE.

I tried Safari on my 13" retina macbook pro, and yes, the newest version DOES use less memory, saves battery life, and surfs the web much noticeably smoother (I am now getting over 7 hours to a charge, which is pretty good).

I just have a question... What is up with the bookmarks bar? Why must Apple do everything in their own way? Why would you click on bookmarks to then click on ANOTHER link for bookmarks?!

It's a minor pet peeve compared to how much better the newest Safari is to Chrome (Yes, even with multiple tabs up, which I always have!), but I still must know.

2. JGRE, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2013

JGRE macrumors 6502a

JGRE

As far as I see it, Safari just asks you whether you want your bookmark right (direct link) in the bookmark bar or in a sub folder (indirect link) or in the bookmark menu. Safari provides with a choice how to arrange your bookmarks. Command+D gets you thee directly.

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Huh? Whose way would you want Apple to do things? ...or just some things

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

You have to see it in practice:

[​IMG]

For ME, this is absolutely amazing.

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

All my bookmarks are in the bookmarks bar or folders within the bookmarks bar.

That way they're visible at all times.