What is with Apple haters on craigslist?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lcp9, Mar 15, 2017.

1. lcp9 macrumors newbie

I sold a 2011 MBP, and went to delete my CL ad to find it had been flagged. Posted in flag forum just to see why for future reference. The consensus was "the Mac tax is stupid, you should be asking $200 or less for a used laptop."

They didn't seem to care that it HAD ACTUALLY SOLD at asking price.

It's all very stupid and I don't understand who is hanging out on the flag forum and why they care so much.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

If you're looking to get away from Apple haters, you've come to the wrong forum. :D

3. shaunp macrumors 65816

So long as you sold it for what you wanted, just ignore them. It could be worse you could have sold it on ebay and had ebay and paypal fees to pay

4. Mikael H macrumors 6502

Ask them to find a similarly specced premium laptop from any other brand for $200. If they do, good for them. If not, it's still up to you to set an asking price, and up to any potential buyer to decide whether they think it's worth the price.

5. merkinmuffley macrumors 6502a

Craigslist whiners, don't give them 10 seconds of your time.

6. Daniel Reed, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017

Daniel Reed macrumors regular

Daniel Reed

Craiglist moderators are a unique kinda crazy!

I put an ad on CL for extras to work 2 or 3 hours to mostly just stand around for $60 for a 48hr film competition.

the ad was instantly flagged and taken down

when i asked why in the CL flag forum...

"Your neighbors need to feed their kids. $60 for a day of work won't feed a family."

In silent protest I put up another ad offering "BIG MONEY $$$" for adult film work for pregnant MILFS and it was NOT flagged...

Then another bogus ad for "my size 13 foot, your @ss, $600"

That one got almost 100 replies!!!! And also did not get flagged!!!

But for all that is holy - don't dare offer $20-30/hr for a couple hours of work one can tell their parents about.

For the curious, I got one reply to the MILF ad... which made me feel like crap for posting my childish POS ad protest jokes.

7. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

Don't feed internet trolls.