What is wrong with iDVD?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by doktordoris, Apr 27, 2010.

1. doktordoris macrumors 6502a

doktordoris

Hullo,
    On my PC I use a bit of software called DVDflick, with great success.

My question is why is iDVD so odd? I tried to use it to burn a DVD of late, I imported a 1.5g AVI that was about 2 and a half hours long.

According to iDVD it would be about 8g on the disc! so I couldn't even use a dual layer to burn the movie.

I went back to my PC, sent the AVI over my network from MBP to the PC, used DVDflick, and the film fit easily on a single layer DVD.

So what is going on with iDVD?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Have you looked at iDVD's quality settings?

2h30m is quite low quality for a 4.37GB MPEG-2 video on a SL-DVD.

Have you tried Burn?

3. lunaboo macrumors newbie

.avi files in iDVD

Hi,

I have a bunch of .avi files that I'm trying to burn to DVD.

I have been trawling through so much information online in an effort to solve my problems, and seem to be creating more....so frustrating.

I downloaded BURN and tried several times to burn DVDs from my .avi files - and they continually failed.

I tried to download VISUAL HUB - but it's not around anymore.

Somewhere else there was a suggestion of downloading PERIAN - and that should work because if Quicktime can play the file, it should burn in iDVD. This had considerably more success - as QT does play the file, and I can create iDVD projects. They all seemed perfect - the files previewed well and then when the project was burnt to DVD, there was no sound.

Can anyone help????