What is wrong with my battery life?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Patoma16, May 1, 2014.

1. Patoma16 macrumors member

Seriously, I've tried everything. For the longest time I thought it was an iOS 7.1 bug. Now that I'm on 7.1.1 nothing has gotten better. I've tried resetting, restarting and even restoring my iPhone 5s and starting a new backup but the battery life doesn't seem to get better. I've tried turning off push notifications and push email, and even tried disabling location services for apps I don't use but nothing seems to work! Attached is a screenshot of my usage while my phone is on 2% battery. Someone please help! I'm going nuts.

Attached Files:

2. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

You might wanna get a replacement, you seem to have tried everything.

3. deep1 macrumors regular

I say location service is killing your battery, try to switch off all the location service and background app refresh and turn on 1 by one.

Facebook is a big culprit.

4. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

Location services. Backround app refresh. Bluetooth(dosent make TOO much of a difference) low cell reception. Etc...

5. apollo1444 macrumors 65816

go to settings and turn off safari icloud tabs that will fix it, the phone will start to cool off and your battery life will resume to normal

5S here too, this bug was driving me crazy also the phone was hot all the time

found this "fix" at the apple forums

6. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

What you may want to do is remove all 3rd party apps and just leave the default Apple apps and see how the battery life is in a few days and then slowly add your apps back.

Don't bother turning off bluetooth,location services etc because that's not the issue.

7. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Wow if you're telling the truth in your OP you might actually have a defective battery. Unless you're literally playing 3D games the whole time your phone is on, your usage should not be like this at all :s

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, it shouldn't be an issue, as even third party apps really shouldn't be, but realistically speaking, in different cases where people are experiencing something odd, almost anything can be unfortunately.