What is wrong with my battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by _LeaFy_, Jul 8, 2016.

1. _LeaFy_ macrumors newbie

_LeaFy_

Hi guys,
    I bought a new 2016 MacBook and I don't know why the battery says when it's full charged that it will run out in 4 hours while I have all apps closed. Apple says it last for 8hrs so what is wrong?[​IMG]

2. marekm macrumors newbie

Hi, i have similar battery state than you: 7 cycles, 5369 mAh capacity as max charge. Battery health 96%. Suggest you to check in activity monitor - energy tab - which app is consuming energy. Also suggest install for example Battery Logger to monitor usage time, sleep time and off time (can view discharging chart).

3. _LeaFy_ thread starter macrumors newbie

_LeaFy_

After restarting the macbook, it says with 91% I have 7 hours time, I guess it was a bug or something, now it seems to work good.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

5. _LeaFy_ thread starter macrumors newbie

_LeaFy_

No, I don't think so because I had that time glitch since last few days, maybe it was because I didn't shutdown macbook.

6. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Likely just a process running in the background, you can use Activity Monitor to check and see CPU utilisation and or Energy Impact. On the screen capture your rMB is pulling 8.8 Watts so the battery depleting in around 4 hours is correct.

VLC may be the culprit as it`s open, also there are better options that utilise hardware decoding such a Movist, significantly reducing the load on the battery.

Q-6