What is wrong with my Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blairh, Jan 2, 2009.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

Penryn Macbook Pro which I've owned for 3 months now. Been having a very strange problem the past week or so.

This only occurs after I've been using the MBP for a few hours. Basically a few things occur:

1. The trackpad will not respond to my touch gestures. Nor will the scroll bar.
    2. Clicking the search icon in the upper right hand corner after i've entered a word in firefox results in no action.
    3. Attempting to visit a bookmark results in no action or.......
    4. If it does bring the webpage up, pictures are missing entirely, or the site itself just looks like a huge mess with text jumbled together.

Restarting the computer fixes the problem for an hour or so, and then it reverts to the same issues again, unless I shut it down and use it the following day.

I've also noticed a lag in visiting websites the past few weeks. What was once an immediate upload on my N network can at times be a brief pause highlighted by a circular ball spinning for a few seconds.

Does anyone have any idea as to what my problem is? It really is driving me crazy. Aside from this issue, I love my MBP. But I switched from PC's expecting a smooth experience, and I hate to say it but things like this never happened with my dumpy Dell Inspirion laptop.

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

2. iAthena macrumors regular

Have you updated all the software? The trackpad had both a bios and driver update recently. Mine has worked fine since then. My only problems have been an occasional video flash to black and some Safari delays when banner ads try to load and get hung up.

3. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

I have not. I will try that to see if it helps the problem. Thanks.

4. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

Also, have you checked your disk permissions? Maybe also do a PRAM reset to see if that makes a difference.

Is the issue isloated only to Firefox? Then you could try reinstalling it.