What is wrong with my MBP? keyboard/trackpad issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chris27, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Chris27 macrumors newbie

I've had this problem for a few months now and my MBP periodically looses its keyboard/trackpad (it disappears from the system profiler) and does not accept input. Even after I installed the leopard keyboard fix. In fact I don't think this is a problem with Mac OS X at all since I get the same problem under Wndows XP (as well as Tiger). I've already sent in my mbp in for repair and they replaced the whole panel containing the keyboard and trackpad. This fixed the problem for about a week only for the problem to resurface. The problem has gotten progressively worse, from choppy trackpad input, to loosing the keyboard/trackpad for 15 seconds, to now every 30 minutes or so I have to pull the battery, hold the power button for ~15 seconds, and then reset the pram to get my keyboard/trackpad back for another 30 minutes. I am a CS major and it is a royal PITA to go without my computer for a week for warranty repair consider half my coursework requires a computer and the nearest public computer cluster is a 10 minute walk (and its the middle of winter). As I'm about to send my mbp back to apple for a second time, I want to make sure the problem is actually fixed. Should I have them replace the logic board?

2. Chris27 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Doesn't seem like a logic board problem. Just send it back to have the thing replaced again and if it comes back with the same problem ask for full refund or replacement. Sorry I can't be of much help.