What is wrong with people?!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Kristenn, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Kristenn macrumors 6502

Anytime I go out in public... anywhere besides school with my Macintosh (because my school basically uses all Macs (G3 and G4)) its like I get weird looks. Like I am some kind of moron because I am not using a Windows computer. I am not one of those Apple fans that like says shizz about Windows just because. My dad is a smart man about computers and he knows how Windows and Macintosh (Mac os X .... whatever) is different and he uses both. Even though he prefers Apple. I learned a lot from him even though I'm not really smart smart... still need help sometimes.

I just don't understand why people say Macs are for stupid people who don't know how to turn on a computer. Last time I checked... the power button is easier to find on a PC tower then a Apple iMac. Who checks the back for a power button? >> Really. Im completely serious. And on laptops its basically in the same place as every other laptop.
    Its almost like the Windows users that attack the Apple users never used a Macintosh and the Apple users that attack Windows users maybe have used them but exaggerate it. No computer crashes 1 hundred times a day. If you have that problem on a Macintosh or a Windows PC... you are doing something wrong. >>

I just don't understand why we can't get along. Its stupid and annoying. I like windows. I have used it... but I prefer Macintosh... mostly because I grew up with it...

I mean... its like Windows people say we are wasting money. But what is really outdated about Apple laptops? Most have Core 2 Duo and most don't have DDR 3 and most have 512 video cards. I don't know a lot about over charging for hardware. I can't really argue with that... but I always thought how Apple makes there stuff makes production costs... higher. I could be wrong so I wont argue.

And its like the Apple people assume that everyone who uses windows is stupid for using Windows. I mean... if we like something... why not use it? Why do we have to shout total lies about the other persons operating system or computer when they don't even know what they are talking about?

Grrrr.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Mad teenager rant over. NO ITS NOT MY TIME OF THE MONTH!!!1 :mad:

2. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

WHEN you grow up you will be less concerned about what other people think. In fact you'll trust in yourself enough to believe most other people are morons. Until then be happy you "Think Different."

4. Kristenn thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah. Okay. I just don't understand what all the fighting is about. Its childish >>

I'm 13 by the way ><

5. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

okay, you're thirteen, you have bigger problems to worry about in your life i'm sure of it. don't let this be something that gets to you. from my point of view, it's not worth your misery

6. AngryApple macrumors 6502

People are like that because Apple computers are considered premium because their price is so high. Kind of like a Lamborghini.

lol @ "No, it's not my time of the month!"

7. Mr. lax macrumors 6502

Okay.. You just lost your ... "shizz" because people give you funny looks. I think it might be because you're a 13 year old toting around a laptop, or maybe its something completely unrelated. They could be not looking at you at all, and you're just freaking out because you think everything is about you and everyone cares. I'm not trying to be insensitive, because i used to do the same thing. But i think you need to just chill and worry about something else, people as a whole don't care. Unless you do something stupid in public or you are obviously catching peoples attention. Nobody cares what you do or what you are carrying around

8. Kristenn thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes thank you. You are all right. I guess I was curious about how other people think about stuff like this. Surely every Apple user is not iHate Windosez and every windows user is not I hate Crappy.

I mean... seriously. >> People use what they like? Why do we have to feel like we are walking on egg shells around each other?

Im not really frustrated. In fact. I'm going to eat dinner. Play some games. And then go to bed. =D

9. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

I'm a network administrator and I work for an IT consulting/outsourcing company with a strong Microsoft presence. I can tell you that some of my coworkers make fun of Apple users more along the lines that they think it's overpriced and people who buy them are being pretentious. But several of us in the company do own Macs and know the ins and outs of both operating systems.

My advice is ignore the looks and go on with your life. You will probably never interact with the majority of those people again. The last time I was approached by a stranger in reference to my MBP, the lady wanted to know where I got my Brenthaven bag.

10. aethelbert macrumors 601

Have you ever considered that they give you strange looks for reasons other than your computer preference?

11. Kristenn thread starter macrumors 6502

Uh. No. Not really. I kind of look young for my age. But I don't know why people would look at me for that. Because I don't tell them my age. Who knows. Maybe they are just curious. Maybe they never saw an apple computer before >> <<

12. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

Maybe because they usually only see buisness people with them

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Who cares what people think? You just need to realize people are dbags.

14. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

they. are. just. effing. computers......

who cares what tools one uses to do something

i suggest not thinking about this anymore and be fortunate you dont have real worries yet (so it seems at least)

15. Vudoo macrumors 6502a

Vudoo

You would probably get the same looks if you were using a Dell or HP laptop. It may be because people would find it odd for someone that young to be owning a laptop.

16. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

theres probably some truth to this op

i know id double look at a 13 year old with a laptop in public, regardless the brand

17. Kristenn thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually. that makes sense. My mom usually sets next to me and is using a cell phone. And Im on the laptop. Maybe they think it should be the other way around =O

18. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

Can some please sticky this? :D

An old man and a young boy were traveling through their village with their donkey. The boy rode on the donkey and the old man walked.

As they went along they passed some people who remarked it was a shame the old man was walking and the boy was riding.

The man and boy thought maybe the critics were right, so they changed positions.

Later, they passed some people that remarked, "What a shame, he makes that little boy walk." They then decided they both would walk.

Soon they passed some more people who thought they were stupid to walk when they had a decent donkey to ride. So, they both rode the donkey.

Now they passed some people that shamed them by saying, "How awful to put such a load on a poor donkey."

The boy and man said they were probably right, so they decided to carry the donkey.

As they crossed a bridge, they lost their grip on the animal and he fell into the river and drowned.

The moral of the story?

If you try to please everyone, you may as well just kiss your ass goodbye.

19. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

Macs are very here and I'm in this place with a WiFi connection. There are a group of people sitting a table behind me and I have my MacBook on the table. They don't even care lol.

20. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

I was once a strict windows fan, from the days of 3.11 for workgroups all the way to windows Vista ultimate. But since I converted to a Macbook, I haven't looked back. Just easier to use, and a LOT fewer problems. I do however use windows at work, and frequently call upon by the office staff to fix their windows machines. *note, I'm a apartment maintenance Supervisor by trade. ;)

DOS 6.22 wasn't bad either, though working in Basic could be a bear.

People, to me, stick with what they know, or think they know, and look down on those who do try new things. They don't realize what they are missing.

21. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

Yeah they're jealous!

I'm 15 and when I tell people I have a 3GS, a MacBook, etc. they'll either not believe me or quickly say they have sonething better (when they suspiciously told me that they had a Dell last week :p).

The usual reaction, though, is "WOW did you get that with YOUR OWN MONEY? That's sick!" :p

(if anyone is wondering then, yes, I got my 3GS and MacBook with my own money)

It's like how a guy in a Ford Focus would hate someone getting out of a Maybach :D

22. electroshock macrumors 6502a

electroshock

Hi Kristenn, best you can do is ignore them. I work a lot with Macs, Windows, and all sorts of weird stuff other than these two platforms so I'm comfortable working with just about anything like your dad. If you're happy with using Macs, then great. Same for other people using Windows.

Most people only prefers one platform because that's all they know, so it's a natural human reaction to put down what they don't know or understand. Human nature so just ignore it best you can.

23. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

Haha I criticized Mac OS X before but until I realised the truth and start to love Macs.