What is wrong with rMBP (Early 2013) Battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aakarshmadhavan, Nov 1, 2013.

1. aakarshmadhavan macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

Today I joined the MacRumors forum so I am a newbie.

I am concerned about the battery life of my mac at this moment. It is the MacBook Pro 10.2 and the Early 2013 Model. I recently bought this MacBook (17 October 2013). It is the 13 Inch 256Gb SSD, 8 GB Ram, i5 2.6 Ghz processor.

The problem is cocnutBattery says this mac is "13 Weeks Old"

Did the Apple Store "trick" me, or is this coconutBattery's fault? How can I check how old my Macbook is from a Primary Source like Apple etc...? I paid 1800$ for this Mac and I am concerned if I got "ripped off"

Here is the snapshot from iStatMenus:
    [​IMG]

Here is the snapshot from coconutBattery:

[​IMG]

A major question I have is, when should I charge my Retina MacBook Pro 13"? Should I charge it when it reaches 22%? When should I charge it so that it stays "safe."?

AND as you can see from coconutBattery AND iStatMenus, the MAH capacity is dropping FAST*. Only 7 cycles and it had dropped over 150. Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated! THANK YOU!

Thank you MacRumors :)

2. aakarshmadhavan thread starter macrumors newbie

bump...

Anyone? I really need assistance with this.

ANYTHING would help! ****ANYTHING****

3. fratey macrumors regular

Calm down about the battery. It goes down quickly at first and then stabilizes.

Best way to check when your Mac was bought is inputting your serial number (in "about this mac" or underneath your computer) here: https://selfsolve.apple.com/