What is wrong with the app store? Not letting me see next page?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by poohbear19, Apr 16, 2011.

1. poohbear19 macrumors regular

poohbear19

Hi everyone, thanks for reading. I just got an iPad and was searching text in the app store and downloaded a few and after I went back to the app store to look at more texting apps it would not let me go to the next page!!!!! You know how the arrow button is supposed to be white? Well it wasnt. Even tho it said viewing 12-24 of 364 something like that. It did the same thing after I looked at a few on the iPhone apps in the iPad app store. I have an iPhone and the app store in there doesn't limit me on how much text apps I download. Is the iPad supposed to do this? please help thanks

2. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

Obviously not supposed to be like that. Have you tried a reboot?

3. thibaulthalpern macrumors regular

I have the same exact issue. I'm thinking it might have something to do with a bug in iOS. I just updated my iPad to iOS 4.3.2 so will see if that fixes the issue.

4. laurenr macrumors 6502a

For the past couple of days, there have been more than a few reports of some type of weirdness going on with the App Store. On thursday I also made a thread on this subject, except my issue was that of "disappearing"apps. Other members experienced similar issues, and I do believe there was an article on TUAW.

5. Devtron macrumors newbie

I had the same problem, i did a reboot of the iPad , and it worked again.

6. savadious macrumors newbie

I have the same problem ... Sometimes.

Solution: hit the back arrow then you can go forward. Now your arrow should be back.

Sometimes i need to do this to see each new page. Very annoying when im on item 300 of 2000 and download 1 app and have to start from item 1 again.

Im on ipad 2 os 4.3 (not upgraded yet)

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

8. JTSmeed macrumors member

Same problem here. I just noticed this problem yesterday when a relative brought me her iPad and asked me to "fix it". I thought she was doing something wrong, but the same thing happens on my iPad 2. So, that is an original iPad with 4.3.1 and an iPad 2 with 4.3.2 both experiencing this issue. Force quitting the app store had no effect and neither did a reboot.

As for the "solution" that was posted to hit the back arrow and then you can go forward... This doesn't seem to apply since I cannot get past the first page to have a page to go back to.

Hopefully there is just a glitch on Apple's servers and they can fix it there.

Has anyone tried contacting support on this yet? I'm thinking if the issue still persists after another day or so, I might see what they have to say.

9. irishgreenapple macrumors member

Same issue here with no way around it! This is very annoying.

10. poohbear19 thread starter macrumors regular

poohbear19

Hi everyone I don't know if any of you would read this but I hope you do Thanks for replying and trying to help. I just came on the app store the next day and it just worked! But i hope it lasts. I think because I charged it? I didn't reboot it though. Hope all goes well. ;)

11. poohbear19 thread starter macrumors regular

poohbear19

Maybe try waiting next day or charging it because that's what I did and it worked lol

12. poohbear19 thread starter macrumors regular

poohbear19

Maybe try waiting next day or charging it because that's what I did and it worked lol

13. JTSmeed macrumors member

random

After a bit more experimenting with this issue, it seems that it only happens with some searches. I searched "recipe" and "recipes" and I cannot get past the first page. When searching (randomly) for "tall" or "happy", I can easily get to the additional pages. Maybe it has something to do with the number of apps that fit the search criteria. I have since charged the iPad as well as numerous reboots and syncs, to no avail. :confused:

14. whotony macrumors newbie

I'm having this issue too.

When I change the search criteria to " by date" it allows me to move to the next page but by relevance doesnt.