What Is Wrong?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Intel Inside, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Intel Inside macrumors 6502

Hey all, I'm 15 and in the past few months there's been some strange things going on with me, and im clueless on what it could be. Here are some details:-

My sleeping pattern is all over the place, sometimes i will sleep the whole day and sometimes i'll wake up at 4 in the morning. I think i have a pretty reasonable "bet time" i try to go to sleep at about 10pm.

A month or two ago i lost interest in a lot of things i used to love, like cross country running, swimming, art and writing. it all just seems so boeing to me.

Also most mornings i wake up feeling extreme nausea, and sometimes aching legs or neck. i cannot find a way to explain them at all.

Also people have noticed my hair "thinning" and my skin has gotten a bit worse. I also get a lot more annoyed or irritated for no reason. My eating habits also changed, it seems like i have lost my appetite, but what i do eat, i make sure its healthy.

The only thing i can think of is that i could be stressed with some pretty big exams coming up. Do any of you think different and what should i do?

2. ethical macrumors 68000

GO TO A DOCTOR!!!!!!

Forums about Apple products will be of no help to you.... so go ask someone who will know the answers, and will give you solid, CORRECT advice.

3. opeter macrumors 65816

opeter

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

What he said. You want an expert, not amateur advice.

5. Waldszenen macrumors member

When you go to the doctor be sure to ask him to do a thyroid function test for you. Godspeed.

6. foidulus macrumors 6502a

I think you are suffering from anxiety

namely you just cannot wait for the mac pro to come out, better email steve and tell him if he doesn't release them soon you may take a turn for the worse :p

Anyway, like the others said, see a doctor. Also keep in mind that you are 15, being 15 means dealing with change, just seek a medical experts advice and don't stress out too much.

7. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Yes, but it's not a race :p. Geez.

OP: Go see a doctor. It could be pre-exam stress, but it's not something to ignore. It can snowball through lack of sleep and exercise.

Went through a similar thing myself at your age. Kept telling myself it was nothing until I developed an ulcer. Painful.

8. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

It could be anything from depression to a pituitary tumor, or you're just another anxious, mixed up teenager.

No one can give you a meaningful diagnosis over the internet.

If you're smoking drugs, stop.
    If you're worried go see a family doctor.

9. cjmabry macrumors newbie

cjmabry

I think it's something all teens go through to an extent. Just get through it man, there's always light at then end of the tunnel. Just try to focus on the great stuff in your life, eat 3 meals a day and get 8 hours of sleep. Don't worry if your down, it happens to everyone.

As for exams, don't worry. Do your best, and it'll work itself out. Just try not to get behind. Recently I was at the point where I was in bed at 5 AM, up at 6:45 AM, not doing my homework until it was all due the next day, so I was so tired and just overwhelmed. The best advice I can give is to NEVER GET BEHIND in school. It can make anybody feel like their life is over lol.