What is your cell phone carrier?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by gloryofgreece, Feb 16, 2008.

1. gloryofgreece macrumors member

I went with T-mobile, cuz the 1000 min for 39,99 plan is pretty good, although I picked a dumb phone...

What is your cell phone provider, and what do you like about them? Or what dont like you about them...

As I am going to Washington State Univer next year...anyone know how good the signal is over there?

Thanks guys. :cool:

2. MacBook-Gal macrumors regular

I went with AT&T, because they have the strongest signals in the rural area where I live. Lol.....those signals may not be as strong on the other side of the country in Washington State as they are here in Mississippi, though!

3. elisha cuthbert macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

optus, and its actually alright atm, they do have their bad times though

4. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I use O2, im on pay as you go and I get 500 free texts a month when I top up £10, If I top up £30 or more i get unlimited free texts (I think) plus, I get 10% of my top-ups back every 3 months.

EDIT: I also get 1MB of data when I do that, too.

5. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

Im on Orange Pay-As-You-Go.

My deal is if I top up by £10 a month I get 300 texts, £20 I get 600, £30 I get 1000.

I also get £5 worth of internet usage included when I do that, along with Magic numbers that lets me talk to people on Orange (that I've registered on my account) for 12p an hour.

Wouldn't this be better off as a poll?

6. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

I'm on Alltel. First phone, have had it for two days now. I like it a lot, it works around my house, and my plan is okay.

I get: unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited calls to people on alltel, and nothing else. I can call other numbers, but my mom will kill me if I do, cause she thinks it costs a ton. :rolleyes:

7. Highcroft macrumors regular

I use AT&T and I like it because it has a strong signal where I live and I get unlimited calls to other AT&T members (almost everyone I call has AT&T).

8. Martin C macrumors 6502a

Martin C

9. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

ICE Celular. They pretty much suck, but they are a monopoly over here, so no other option.

10. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I have Verizon. Good reception and pretty good customer service.

Thats about it though. Their phones suck, they put a crappy OS on them, and they cripple its capabilities.

11. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

I have the iPhone so stuck with AT&T for another two years. My bill keeps going up, I used to pay around $60 before I got the iPhone the extra charge on the iPhone package took my bill to around $70 not it will be around $90 since I added unlimited text messages. Good service, never have to deal with customer service too much, I just pay my bill and use their service.

12. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

Verizon, but switching in August to at&t so my dad (and if i can get enough money, me too) can get an iPhone plus Verizon has treated us like crap.

13. djejrejk macrumors 6502a

djejrejk

I have a terrible phone,.. and I use Sprint. My contract is up in September and I will switch to At&t for obvious reasons.

14. Mac OS X Ocelot macrumors 6502a

Mac OS X Ocelot

I have Sprint because my mother has Sprint because it's the only service that works in the concrete bomb shelter that is her place of work, but I don't call anyone. Ever.

I agree that there should be a poll. Be inclusive. Every imaginable service on every continent.

15. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

16. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I've had all of the "big four", and right now, I have an iPhone on AT&T. I can't really tell much of a difference in coverage from any of them (at least in my area), but I'm pretty happy on AT&T because our entire family has one all-inclusive inexpensive bill.

17. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

I'm with Fresh (in the UK). They are part of The Carphone Warehouse, but are actually by T-Mobile. I moved to them because of their price. I had just finished my contract with T-Mobile and didn't need to be on contract anymore so PAYG price was important. Fresh - It is only 15p per minute to any network and international, 5p per text message.

I have to make at least 1 call per 60 days to keep the phone active. Pretty simple. I like everything about them really apart from sometimes if someone sends me a txt it doesn't come through until the day after but that's normally quite rare.

18. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

19. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

I'm with a local cell company down here called Ntelos. I have unlimited minutes and unlimited free long distance for about 65 a month. Shibby!

20. guifa macrumors 6502

I’ve got Yoigo. Good cheap rates, outstanding international text rates, compared to Spain at least. When I had orange, I sent a text to a friend in Russia and it cost me 60-odd cents. Yoigo is 10c to everyone (yeah yeah, in the rest of Europe texting is a lot cheaper, but not here in Spain). They're also the first operator to make mobile-to-mobile calls free here as a standard, and decent data rate access. Now that my friends are on Yoigo too (it's a relatively new company) we all spend pennies talking to each other.

Hopefully as more people switch to Yoigo the rest of the market prices will go down, and there's huge incentive for people to switch. Effectively, if the only people you call are Yoigo folks, you can get 1800 outgoing minutes a month for 6€ a month. The calls to non-Yoigo are about as cheap as one can get for a flat-rate plan (0,12€/min), which slowly but surely should help bring down the prices in general in the Spanish market which are horridly overpriced. (Telefónica's flat-rate plan is like 0,38 - 0,43€ / min, or with a mininum monthly consumation of 10€, 0,22 - 0,27€, or on contract, 0,21 - 0,26€ a minute).

21. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

T-Mobile. They're awesome, I definitely have no intention of switching anytime soon. Even if I end up getting the network engineer job I'm applying for at Sprint and get an amazing employee discount, I'll still keep my T-Mobile phone because Sprint's network and customer service blows. Plus, I loves me some GSM

22. 7on macrumors 601

7on

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I have at&t. Had Verizon while I lived in Florida and really liked them. When I moved to Colorado, I found their coverage was terrible here and switched to at&t.

24. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

I've got Alltel here. Good service, sometimes friendly customer service, but thats about it. They've got a lame selection of phones, many of which are LG phones ( have an LG, and I hate it). I'm contemplating on switching over to AT&T and getting myself an iPhone soon...

25. hexonxonx macrumors 601

AT&T. Previous was Sprint which was horrible.