What is your current plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattG728, Jan 19, 2008.

1. MattG728 macrumors newbie

I think the basic iphones plans suck... Can you just get the $20 data package and another plan with more text messages and minutes?

So what current plan do you have right now and how much do you pay?

2. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

59.99 package for me

Enough minutes and text messages for me

3. elmo151 Guest

drop by your local att store and see what they have. their telephone support isn't horrible.

also poke around their website

It is what it is. We have to make the most of it:eek:

4. divabimbers macrumors member

I've got the 450 minute plan which is sufficient for me, considering the rollover minutes, plus the 1500 text messaging plan. I'm quite happy...until I receive a monthly sticker shock but 200 texts feels too small considering you're charged both ways. So, this is what I'll be sticking with!

5. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

You can add txt messages to an iPhone plan. CHeck out this link:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/easysetup/rateplans.html

Then click on the "existing customers" tab, and you can see that you can go to 1,500 txts for an extra $10, and unlimited txts for an extra $20.

You might even be able to go to the 400 txt plan for an extra $5 like a regular phone, but I am not sure about that...

6. atarin macrumors regular

Since I was an existing customer, I kept my 850 minutes for $59.99 plan. I have two iPhones and two non-iPhones on my family plan. Until a few days ago, I had the $40 unlimited text messaging iPhone plan for each iPhone (we text a LOT in my family), but they let me drop down to the basic $20 plan for each iPhone and add the $30 unlimited text package for the family plan, which ended up saving me $60 per month (I also dropped the extra text/Cingular Video packages for the other phones). If you go into a corporate-owned AT&T store, they will bend over backwards to find ways to save you money if you ask. I couldn't believe how they were willing to show me how to get more and pay less. Totally unexpected. Anyway, if you are on a family plan, I highly recommend asking about the unlimited family text plan (unlimited texting to/from anyone, not just other AT&T customers). I thought you couldn't have packages like that if you have an iPhone, but you can.

7. motomullet macrumors member

I have the basic $60 dollar plan. I already have a bunch of minutes saved up in my rollover reserve, so it works out for me. I tend to talk on the phone more durring summer, so it looks like things will even out.

8. thepandamancan macrumors member

thepandamancan

I have the basic phone plan (450min/5000 nights and weekends/unlimited M2M/rollover). I got the data plan with 1500 texts cause 200 isn't enough for me. I end up paying 82 a month plus taxes and whatnot.

9. MattG728 thread starter macrumors newbie

Really thats not too bad...

But I wish AT&T would have better plans like T-Mobile I love the way they price their plans...

10. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I adore my plan. :eek:

Joined an existing family plan so it's like this:

$69.99 for two lines
    $9.99 for my voice line
    $20 for unlimited iPhone data

And what I really love?
    $5 a month for unlimited SMS to AT&T customers :)

So I'm paying $35 a month for unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited calling to AT&T customers, and unlimited texts to AT&T customers, 200 SMS out of network.

11. hexonxonx macrumors 601

iPhone 1:

Basic phone plan (450min/5000 nights and weekends/unlimited M2M/rollover 200SMS)

iPhone 2:

200 minutes, 200SMS, no data plan, about $36 a month.

12. mrtravel123 macrumors regular

$59.99 for basic plan (works great for me)

+

$3.99 for World Connect for international calling from the USA ($.32/minute vs. $2.36 for calling cell phones... and cheaper if you call a landline)

+

$9.99 for 100 international text messages ($.10/each vs. normal $.25/each)

So... about $74 - 80 per month on average.

I use another cell phone when traveling internationally. You can't beat having a "local" phone when you're in another country. But, it means downgrading to a basic flip phone. Well, in some countries you really don't want to be carrying around anything expensive. And, roaming rates can be scary.

So, will Apple ever equip the iPhone to have "airplane mode" YET for Wi-Fi to still work if you want just this? Some planes will be equipped with Wi-Fi they say. And, I'd love to consider taking my iPhone to some countries... but only using Wi-Fi... as to avoid any unnecessary roaming charges.