What is your dream Apple digital camera?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Not Steve Jobs, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Not Steve Jobs macrumors newbie

I have no idea how they could make this work, but seeing as they're pretty good at revolutionizing "consumer electronics," what if Apple made a digital camera? Why not!? There is a Steve Jobs quote: "I've always wanted to own and control the primary technology in everything we do."

Anyway, what is your dream digital camera from Apple?

My idea is a camera that has 2 full sized zoom lenses side by side so you can take 3D pictures and video. On the other side is a touch screen just like the iPhone's where you can edit your image in real time before you shoot it, or afterwards. The software would include a mini iMovie and mini iPhoto style apps for editing, sorting, and sharing media. It would have a huge storage capacity for all the footage. Oh yeah, and it could also do everything an iPod Touch can, including apps. The device may need to be a bit wide to fit all the hardware, but regular cameras are chunky anyway.

2. seedster2 macrumors 6502a

3. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

You forgot something a D3x with a Apple sticker in the front :) Life is now complete ...

4. Ljohnson72 macrumors 6502a

Ljohnson72

Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III, with an Apple logo of course - for $2000 :D

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Battery life: 10 shots or 1 hour!

6. talkingfuture macrumors 65816

talkingfuture

Not so sure about Apple making a camera themselves but I would like to see some of their ideas rub off on camera designers. It amazes me how many fiddly little buttons are seemingly thrown at the back of a camera in random order.

I'd quite like to see a camera with minimal buttons and most functions put onto a touchscreen with a nice high quality interface.

7. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Best of all the fiddly little buttons on the back of mine are actually the wrong way round so zoom out zooms in etc :eek:

Can't work out if it was like that before I sent it in for repair, or if it got put back together funny . . .

8. talkingfuture macrumors 65816

talkingfuture

Thats brilliant - and proof that touchscreen simple to use cameras with less fiddly buttons are a must.

9. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I'm pretty sure I saw a Sony camera with that...

Me? Well I'd like to see a camera with an on/off button, and a shutter button. There is no focus or aperture settings, or even zoom settings. The iCamera automatically detects what you are trying to take a picture of, determines the best settings, and creates the best picture. Heck, this camera won't even need a viewfinder. Just point-and-click, literally!

Yup, I wouldn't expect anything less from Apple! :p

10. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I suggest that you do a Google search on QuickTake.

11. Not Steve Jobs thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow. I never knew! According to wikipedia, Steve Jobs shut down production on QuickTake upon his return, and since the device lasted 3 years, it may never have been one of Jobs' projects. So now the real question is, what if Steve Jobs made a digital camera, with today's technology.

12. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

What functionality do you expect in a digital SLR or point & shoot from Apple that is missing from the offerings by Nikon, Canon, and Olympus?

13. gunraidan macrumors regular

Why jump in in an obsolete market for casual consumers?

14. polaris20 macrumors 68020

Sony already made a camera that was all touchscreen except the zoom, power, and shutter button. Really quite cool. Don't know if it's still made or not.