What is your favorite activity besides using a Mac?

What do you for fun do besides Macs/iPod/iPhone?

• use PCs

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • team sports

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • individual sports

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • read or write

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • go the to movies, theater, plays

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • hit the gym, track, or swimming pool

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • professional student

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • nightclubbing or concerts

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • arts, music, and crafts

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • something not appropriate to mention on this forum ;)

Votes: 17 35.4%

• Total voters

63dot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
I will put down a few appropriate categories, but feel free to chime in. ;)

I skateboard and play guitar for fun. (Tensor trucks and Ibanez guitars rule).

63dot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
What do you mean, "besides using a Mac?" What else is there?:confused:
Well, there we go. Some people get up, maybe wash up or eat, use the Mac/iPod/iPhone/shop iTunes, get tired and go to bed late at night and repeat this ritual every day. :)

63dot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Without the computer, I'd have to go back to using magazines. :(

What about swimming, eating, listening to music, and drinking?
I would put swimming under individual sports, but listening to music, sans iPod, is a good one. I actually still love CDs.

And drinking, well, Diet Coke is my weakness. I used to like beer a lot. But as for Diet coke, they must put something illegal in it. :)

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Music (listening to and playing guitar/piano), writing, reading, I enjoy playing games (you know, the old board-based models), but that's pretty seldom these days. If I had to I'd get along very well without a 'puter (and sometimes wish I could just forgo them altogether). But being as I have one and work on it... having a Mac is sure dang nice.

I like just sitting and talking as well...

harleygold

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2009
Anderson
Summer Months I like to ride the Harley. After adding a second job I really don't have time to spare unless its on my iMac. Then I can ride the Harley to work. I do need to make more time working out, but you all know how that goes. I did start running. It's gonna take a while to not get winded so fast, but after a couple of weeks I see improvement. Hopefully fat will slide right off! :D

nick1516

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2008
You mean there's something besides homework!!!!!!:eek: my schedule is normally school, homework past 1, repeat, homework throughout the weekend, thank god it's almost winter break!

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I didn't vote on anything since for the most part what I like to do wasn't included,
running/exercising
reading a book
Camping and hiking
Spending time with my family.
Use my PS3 from time to time

I guess you can say that when I'm home, I don't spend a ton of time on my Mac.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
When not involved in computer related entertainment I'm either at work or spending time with my family. Family time consists of enjoyable activities some of which can be talked about, like playing games with my sons (PS3, matchbox cars, super heroes, etc), and some of which can't be talked about, like playing games with my wife (use your imagination). Let's just say my family knows how to have fun. :D

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
The usual things for a growing boy/young adult; Wii, Xbox, adventures, films, making stuff (this usually takes priority over the playing of stuff).

63dot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Caffeine is not illegal. ;)
So there isn't any anti-Christ, Illuminati, Republican, Democrat, addictive liquid, Mason, multi-national Monsanto, take over the world conspiracy around Diet Coke and its secret contents? Whew, I thought I was evil. ;)

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Don't have a track not on a CD. I never download. I love CD's.
I still have the bulk of my nearly 250+ CD collection. I've downloaded quite a lot, but only got rid of the albums I hardly ever listened to. It feels safer, somehow, having a solid backup. :)