What is your favorite case for minimal bulk but still protective?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sixxmum, Mar 14, 2011.

1. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I'm still using the inCase snap I got free, after I got annoyed with the bulk of the Otterbox commuter and removed it. I think I want something else, but I'm really unsure what.

2. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Checko out the SGP Neo Matte Hybrid, the Speck SeeThru Satin, the Speck Pixelskin HD and the Incipio NGP.

3. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Thanks! My sister just grabbed an Incipio Sylicrilic and it isn't bad, but a little rubbery looking. The NGP and Speck Satin look decent.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

It all depends on what you're looking for I guess. I'm currently using the SGP Neo Matte Hybrid and it's darn near perfect for me. The only things I would change on it are the cutouts for the headphone jack and dock connector - they need to be a little bigger. Other than that, the case is amazing and I really like the way it kind of rounds out the square edges of the iphone 4.

6. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I have the InCase slider case. It's not bad, but I was looking at getting the InCase snap case since it's less bulky than the slider case.

7. kicko macrumors 65816

thats pretty much the issue for me, some pretty good cases out there but most of them do not have a big enough cutout for the headphones. I think for the most part people seem to be favoring TPU cases.

8. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Nburwell - I really liked the look of the slider, but I couldn't get it to work with any sort of screen protection, so that was a no for me. The snap is a decent case, just a little boring :)

9. kicko macrumors 65816

I also like the slider as well, i picked up a cheap one on ebay for $12. I am determined to make it work :)

there has to be a protector solution. I'm surprised incase doesnt just make protectors that fit with the case already on, then they can charge $30 for 2 lol

10. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I second this. Very much looking forward to this one coming out. Although after seeing the video(s) I'm a little weary of how the front protection looks. It looks like it's made of saran wrap and snaps on to the case :confused: I dunno, we'll see how it goes whenever it comes out.

11. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

yeah i would like to see a review by a third party before i spend the 69+ on it but if it gets a good review i would love a case that does what it claims

12. naths macrumors 6502

Ion cases are looking pretty good... www.ion-factory.com The predator zero and the iridium zero look great....

13. kicko macrumors 65816

I'll wait for the knock-off of this case lol

14. goodiz macrumors newbie

skech hard rubber

i am using the skech hard rubber and i like it because it doesn't add bulk to my iphone and it haves a spacial Interior felt lining that protecting it from scratching, and the color is amazing :):):)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Skech/143462525682878

15. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

lol i went with the knock off bumper and that was bad expierence i would test a knock off underwater case

16. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

I love my Incase Slider and I really like that they made it rubberized for the iPhone 4 instead of the smooth plastic it was before. It makes it so it doesn't slide around, but not as 'sticky' as silicone cases.

I never use a screen protector (annoying and unnecessary IMO) but I think Incases sells one that works with the slider.

17. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Any of the thin TPU cases work great and offer minimal bulk.

I use the Switcheasy Vulcan. There's also the Casemate Geli. The Incipio NGP is TPU but is quite thick.

Also consider a Bumper like Casemate Hula. Or agent18 Shockband.

There are the thin plastic cases like the Switcheasy nude, but these don't offer any lay on table protection and scratch like crazy.

18. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

19. vsighi macrumors 6502

vsighi

20. maconservative macrumors regular

maconservative

21. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

+1 ....I think the pixelskin hd is the least bulkiest case combined with decent protection. I'm not OCD so most of the time I go naked. I do have a zagg shield for the back and the a crystal screen protector for the front. I have 6 cases that were either purchased by me or gifts. When I wear my mets jersey I use my orange bumper, for work I throw my phone in the sena pounch. I have several otterbox commuter cases and 2 defender cases but to me there WAY too bulky! I do love the screen protector that comes with the commuter! My suggestion would be to get the pixelskin hd. It's my favorite case by far!

22. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

23. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

Further refining the search

OK, I didn't want to start a new thread, so I am going to modify the OP's criteria a bit. I have given up on waiting for an aluminum case, so here is what I would like. I am having a hard time finding a case that:

Gives full back and 4-side protection
    Lay on the table protection
    Works with a screen protector (no corner bubbling)
    Works with CDMA iphone
    Snap type or slider is OK

Optional:
    See through design
    Thin and light

I also would go for a bumper and back cover sticker as an alternative, but that will be less protective

24. Ach111es macrumors regular

I love the ngp duro shot, while mine has a slight discoloration right at the top on the back, im otherwise pleased.

The fit is tight, it's tpu which doesn't stretch out, and it has a polycarbonate ring on the back edge. And it didn't bubble my screen protectors or mess up my lucky wraps on the edges.

25. nies macrumors 6502