What is your favorite case out there?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jbirds1, May 10, 2011.

1. jbirds1 macrumors newbie

I'm looking for something thin, yet protects the screen (mine jsut busted and had to have it replaced).

I'm new to iphones and there's so many choices out there. What's your favorite?

2. jbromer, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011

jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

Hi, jbirds1, welcome to this forum. What you want is a snap case that has a little lay on the table design, and a good screen protector. The slim series by Mivizu might be a good choice. There is a review by weisjt on here that gave it a good writeup I believe.

On a friendly note, you have started a new thread on a topic that has been hashed and rehashed many times here. This will alienate some members and also violates the forum rules. A careful search is easy and will find the info you are looking for.

3. nancy321 macrumors newbie

4. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Magpul with a screen protector!

5. mary67simple macrumors newbie

A good case should stay invisible because your iPhone is the star.

6. yourtoys7 macrumors 6502a

7. Panna macrumors newbie

Would the magpul case be able to withstand drops, how tough is it??

8. polzii macrumors 6502

If you drop your phone regularly, then consider the Otterbox Defender or Commuter. For extreme heavy duty protection try Griffin Survivor. There are some new models available from other manufacturers as well, that provide complete drop protection.

Magpul is a slim case. I think its the best case Ive come across, period, but its not suitable for drop protection. I put on a metal back on my iphone, but I still get worried about dropping my phone when I use my Magpul case, because of the screen. Prior to the Magpul, the Vapor was my fav case, but even that will not fare well if your phone hits the pavement screen side first.

9. iamartimus macrumors 6502

I dropped my phone in my Magpul case twice and so far it protected my phone. The first time I was standing next to my car and put my phone into my shirt pocket. I missed the pocket and it dropped straight down onto the asphalt pavement, bouncing first on the corner by the sleep/awake button, bounced around, and landed face first. The case had a scrape on it, but the phone, even the front screen, was untouched. I got lucky on the front screen because there is little if any protection on the front, but the phone itself is perfect. Then I did it again a few weeks later......:D...still undamaged.

10. polzii macrumors 6502

Cats have nine lives :p and looks like so does your iPhone

11. Panna macrumors newbie

I don't really drop my phone, i'm very careful with it, its just that IF i drop it i want at least a bit of protection. I've got a commuter already but its a bit bulky and im looking for a change.

going by what iamartimus said, it should be fine ;)

thanks for the reply