What is your favorite iPhone size?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BigAppleNYC123, Nov 9, 2017.

?

What’s your favorite device size, irreverent to screen size?

1. 5S/SE

10 vote(s)
    14.9%
  2. 7/8

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. 7+/8+

22 vote(s)
    32.8%
  4. X

32 vote(s)
    47.8%
  1. BigAppleNYC123 macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

What’s your favorite device size? Please note I’m Referring to device dimensions and not screen dimensions.

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

X - it feels great. I initially thought the Plus models were too big. After owning the iPhone 6 for a while, i wanted it bigger and would have opted for the Plus model of whatever the new model was. given the X comes in one size and having it for close to a week now - it's great. all one handed use and don't think i will go to a Plus model as long as they keep this size.

3. BigAppleNYC123 thread starter macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

For me the 7 was perfect for one handed use but the X is a tad too big. Still loving the phone though.

4. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I like the X size. It's a nice compromise between the Plus size and the 6/7/8 size.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

6. BigAppleNYC123 thread starter macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

Do you think Apple will eventually give a SE sized device faceID?

7. Suspenders macrumors regular

Suspenders

X - it's exactly what I've been looking for in a handheld device.

8. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

If device dimensions are the topic, then the Plus options should have zero votes I would've thought?

9. rulymammoth macrumors regular

The X is a great size. All of those other big phones now feel enormous. I just wish videos would display full screen by default on the X.

10. BigAppleNYC123 thread starter macrumors regular

BigAppleNYC123

Some people like the wider dimensions of the plus. For me I prefer skinnier phones.

11. KingslayerG5 Suspended

KingslayerG5

4.7"
    4"
    X
    Plus

My personally favorite is 130 mm in height. Like Xperia ZL (5") / Moto X (4.7") size.

12. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

Why, a lot of people love the form factor?

13. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

I think if screen size wasn't bigger than the X, then the Plus form factor would die off.

No one could possibly choose the bulkier model with the same or smaller screen size as that with a smaller form factor.

14. dwfaust macrumors 603

dwfaust

Plus.

Hopefully next year will bring a tweaked version of the X with a Plus sized screen.

15. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I would agree. The Plus model isn't to large for me and it's a solid iPhone. But I look forward to next year when Apple purportedly is looking to release a 6.4 iPhone X.

16. rjruiz2 macrumors 6502

I love my plus size phones even though I have small hands. The X feels nice too but I feel like I need that extra material for it to feel comfortable in my hand. :D

17. MacWins macrumors regular

MacWins

I really enjoy my plus sized 8, its wider screen makes “vision” more comfortable.

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

19. jft94 macrumors regular

Definitely loving the size of the X right now.

20. Phone Junky macrumors 65816

Phone Junky

You can’t say the screen size is “irrelevant”. If it was, everybody would want something like the SE or smaller but the screen size would not be acceptable. Therefore, there are people that have had the plus sized iPhones and anything smaller will not do for them. Everybody has their own preference. When there was only one iPhone, you had no choice within Apple. Now there are many choices and not one of them is right for everybody, as much as some on here try to convince everyone that their iPhone of choice is the “best”.

21. nilk macrumors 6502a

Screen dimensions do make a difference and can't really be independent of device size, though (unless all you care about is pocketability). For example, if they had a phone with the same dimensions as the SE, but with edge-to-edge display like the X, one-handed usability would suffer a bit.

I picked 5S/SE, but if there was an option for the old sizes (original/3G/3GS/4/4S), I would have picked that. The 3G/3GS had the best ergonomics/feel and best to go caseless with (of any iPhone to date). The 4S was my favorite iPhone of all time (hardware and software were fantastic at the time it was releaseed) and is absolutely beautiful. I still have these devices and turn them on and use them occasionally, so it's not rose-tinted glasses.

22. iStockNow macrumors 6502

iStockNow

Same the best of both worlds from plus and non plus.

23. aggie99 macrumors newbie

The size of the X is really growing on me. I'm used to having bigger devices (note 8 and 7 plus) but the more I use the X the more comfortable I am with it. The perfect device would be the Plus display minus the gargantuan bezels. I'd even be okay with the notch. Maybe next year.

24. pika2000 macrumors 603

Haven't touched the X yet so can't comment on that.
    For phone usability, the 5/SE is ideal for me. However, when it comes to picture taking, larger screens means larger viewfinder, and I would prefer the plus model. Personally I use the 6S now. It is a bit larger than what I like, but it is manageable and big enough screen to be a good viewfinder when taking picture.

25. DDustiNN macrumors 68000

DDustiNN

I always liked the smaller size, as I almost exclusively use phones one-handed. Texting, navigating, everything. So the iPhone 4 was perfect to me.

When the 5 was announced, I was annoyed because I thought the 4 was the perfect size. But I got used to it, and it became my favorite.

When the 6 was announced, I was annoyed because I thought the 5 was the perfect size. But I got used to it, and it became my favorite.

When the X was announced, I was annoyed because I thought the 6/7 was the perfect size. But I got used to it, and it became my favorite.

Now honestly I hope this is the last step. I don’t want a bigger phone!