What is your favorite jacket?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MusicEnthusiast, Dec 26, 2010.

1. MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

After an awesome Christmas with the family, I ended up getting a good amount of cash. I've been looking forward to spending this Christmas money on some new clothes, preferably to gain some style points! So I've been looking into jackets, and I'm tied between a Northface (probably without a hood cause it's cheaper) and an REI Travel Coat, both are about $120. I live in the Pacific Northwest, so it'll be awesome to get either one.

What is your favorite kind? Post pics and links, cause I'm definitely researching!

2. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

I have one of these in green with red overlocking detailing.

It's a bit silly but I love it.

3. Hellhammer, Dec 26, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2010

Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

[​IMG]

I have used a similar Gant coat for years. It's not special but an easy choice and pretty common among business people. It's timeless, my grandpa has had similar coat for nearly 30 years and they are still selling similar coats.

For some things, however, I prefer a leather jacket. Depends who I'm with though. Mainly when I go out and don't want to look too "fine". Leather jacket brings some sort of toughness, that's why I like it.

[​IMG]

4. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I have a simple plain GAP black leather jacket.. Best jacket I have - more comfortable than the rest and works in a broad range of temperatures.

Not this model, but looks very similar:

[​IMG]

5. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

6. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

Mountain Hard Wear...I have at least 10 of their jackets. All are waterproof except the fleece which is water resistant but not fully waterproof.

Classic Windstopper Tech Fleece (I own 2 of these both in black, one of these I wear around the house daily which collects my rabbit's hair and another I wear when going out. it's really comfortable on dry skin you get during the winter
    [​IMG]

Exposure 2 Parka-fully waterproof and when it is snowing I wear this under the above jacket
    [​IMG]

G50 for a little dessier
    [​IMG]

And this one I don't know what model this is but it's my favorite when you want a gray and black 2-tone and probably the jacket I most wear out when going places like the bar or in a large social setting and for semi-formal occasions...the pics will be a little odd. The center is me and you can kinda see how it goes with casual dress. and then the pic with the cigar I am just wrecked so don't pay attention to the rest, just the jacket

Attached Files:

7. trigonometry macrumors 6502

trigonometry

Just pick the NorthFace that you like, you can't go wrong. That's my preferred choice.

8. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

9. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Full Metal.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't wear it unless it's amazing, and technicolour.

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I have a nice brown leather bomber jacket I tend to wear alot. Very comfortable

12. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Here's mine, an old flight jacket with my ship patches on it. Took 20 years to make that jacket.

Attached Files: