Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
So....College students have a lot of time in their hand....especially me.... and I was recently playing Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3) and I have to say, the ending kind of sucks......somehow I thought Ocelot would put a fight or something.....haha:D

Anyways if you have played any Metal Gear Solid Series Game...

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid (The Twin Snakes)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid Touch....

Feel Free to put your favorite Game out of all of them...and your favorite part...or memorable moment....or boss fight...

For Example:

I like Metal Gear Solid 2, especially the part where you get to sneak into the Shell 2 Core part dressed as a disguised Russian Soldier and Mess around with the other soldiers....because they don't know who you are! and you are one of them....:eek: and they go "!" and "?"

nonocei

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
The first Metal Gear for playstation and the remake for Gamecube are my favorites. I just thought they were the best out of the series. The psycho mantis boss fight was pretty intense.

I do like MGS4 a lot though.

sysiphus

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2006
My favorite whole game is the original. With that said, my favorite MGS experience is the beginning of MGS2 on the boat.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Since I only played Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, I'd have to say that one :D

I'm actually still playing it, while I think the cut scenes are excessive to say the least, its been a very entertaining game, and one that I can easily see myself playing again (escaping from all of the cut scenes of course ;) )

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
The first Metal Gear for playstation and the remake for Gamecube are my favorites. I just thought they were the best out of the series. The psycho mantis boss fight was pretty intense.

I do like MGS4 a lot though.

It was weird in the final boss fight with Screaming Mantis, that Psycho Mantis popped out.....but since your not playing with a PSone, his powers don't work!:D lol

My favorite whole game is the original. With that said, my favorite MGS experience is the beginning of MGS2 on the boat.

I have played the first one, but not all of it.......must be like the MGS4, chapter, when snake returns to Shadow Moses Island.

Since I only played Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, I'd have to say that one :D

I'm actually still playing it, while I think the cut scenes are excessive to say the least, its been a very entertaining game, and one that I can easily see myself playing again (escaping from all of the cut scenes of course ;) )

The scenes in MGS4 are toooooooooooooooooooooooo long...:p

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Twin Snakes.
I love the story in the first, couldn't really get into the others. And the graphical update really helps tell that story.

nick1516

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2008
The first metal gear for playstation as that was the first one I played. That being said, I really liked 2 and 3, and haven't had a chance to play MGS4 yet because I have an xbox360 instead of a ps3.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Twin Snakes.
I love the story in the first, couldn't really get into the others. And the graphical update really helps tell that story.

I actually started playing MGS2 before MGS1....... everything was so random.....but i kept shooting....even though their were some characters that already appeared before like Ocelot and that Ninja X.:D WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST BEGIN THE STORY WITH MGS3.? :p

The first metal gear for playstation as that was the first one I played. That being said, I really liked 2 and 3, and haven't had a chance to play MGS4 yet because I have an xbox360 instead of a ps3.

U r missing a lot........:p:p:p

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Bunch of friggin' kids in here. :p

Metal_Gear_NES_Screenshot3.jpg

Yeah yeah, I know you said Metal Gear Solid, but I thought I'd inject a little old school into the discussion.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Bunch of friggin' kids in here. :p

Metal_Gear_NES_Screenshot3.jpg

Yeah yeah, I know you said Metal Gear Solid, but I thought I'd inject a little old school into the discussion.

What year is that? 1983?:p hahaah...... jk....

I heard of that Metal Gear Series..... with the G.I Joe style fighting....:p:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.