What is your favorite Metal Gear Solid Game?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by leomac08, Nov 16, 2009.

1. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

So....College students have a lot of time in their hand....especially me.... and I was recently playing Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3) and I have to say, the ending kind of sucks......somehow I thought Ocelot would put a fight or something.....haha:D

Anyways if you have played any Metal Gear Solid Series Game...

Feel Free to put your favorite Game out of all of them...and your favorite part...or memorable moment....or boss fight...

For Example:

I like Metal Gear Solid 2, especially the part where you get to sneak into the Shell 2 Core part dressed as a disguised Russian Soldier and Mess around with the other soldiers....because they don't know who you are! and you are one of them....:eek: and they go "!" and "?"

2. nonocei macrumors member

The first Metal Gear for playstation and the remake for Gamecube are my favorites. I just thought they were the best out of the series. The psycho mantis boss fight was pretty intense.

I do like MGS4 a lot though.

3. sysiphus macrumors 6502a

sysiphus

My favorite whole game is the original. With that said, my favorite MGS experience is the beginning of MGS2 on the boat.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Since I only played Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, I'd have to say that one :D

I'm actually still playing it, while I think the cut scenes are excessive to say the least, its been a very entertaining game, and one that I can easily see myself playing again (escaping from all of the cut scenes of course ;) )

5. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

It was weird in the final boss fight with Screaming Mantis, that Psycho Mantis popped out.....but since your not playing with a PSone, his powers don't work!:D lol

I have played the first one, but not all of it.......must be like the MGS4, chapter, when snake returns to Shadow Moses Island.

The scenes in MGS4 are toooooooooooooooooooooooo long...:p

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Twin Snakes.
    I love the story in the first, couldn't really get into the others. And the graphical update really helps tell that story.

7. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

The first metal gear for playstation as that was the first one I played. That being said, I really liked 2 and 3, and haven't had a chance to play MGS4 yet because I have an xbox360 instead of a ps3.

8. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

I actually started playing MGS2 before MGS1....... everything was so random.....but i kept shooting....even though their were some characters that already appeared before like Ocelot and that Ninja X.:D WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST BEGIN THE STORY WITH MGS3.? :p

U r missing a lot........:p:p:p

9. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Bunch of friggin' kids in here. :p

[​IMG]

Yeah yeah, I know you said Metal Gear Solid, but I thought I'd inject a little old school into the discussion.

10. leomac08 thread starter macrumors 68020

leomac08

What year is that? 1983?:p hahaah...... jk....

I heard of that Metal Gear Series..... with the G.I Joe style fighting....:p:D