What is Your Favorite MutiTouch Gesture?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eagleglen, Mar 21, 2011.

?

Which new multitouch gesture is your favorite?

1. Using 4/5 fingers to swipe up, revealing the multitasking bar

12 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Using a 4/5 finger pinch to goto the home screen

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  3. Using 4/5 fingers to swipe left or right to move between apps

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. Tried the multitouch gestures, but don't like any of them / turned feature off

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

I started using the mutitouch gestures at the same time that I got my new iPad 2, so without a doubt, my satisfaction with the new device inicludes no longer having to physically press the home button. It may seem minor, but hey are a huge improvement to your work flow on the iPad. I'm confident they will be included in iOS 5.

Anyways, for those of you that use them, which one do you use the most? I've found swiping the screen up with four fingers to be a very nature motion for bringing up the multitasking bar. It's as if you're actually lifting the screen up to reveal your choice of apps to switch to. On the iPad 2, the response is very fast and fluid. I actually feel like I'm truly multitasking now.

So just curious if others have incorporated the new gestures into their work flow and which one the like the most.

(If you'd like to know how to implement the multitouch gestures, there are several other threads discussing that topic.)

2. chrisk1250 macrumors member

I don't like them very much. When locked in portrait orientation and in an app that doesn't have a portrait support (Angry Birds for example), doing the up swipe to bring up the tray instead multitasks you to another app. That gets pretty annoying.

3. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I'm using my MBP right now, but I'm so used to my iPad that I just touched the screen to tap a link! :p

I haven't used the gestures as I haven't searched for how to do it. I think I'd really like them.

4. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

I love Multi Touch when I had my Magic Track Pad. The best feature and I wish this was on the iPad is the Four Fingers BACK & FORWARD swipe on Safari.

5. shareef777 macrumors 68020

shareef777

Lol, not going to get any easier when OS X Lion comes out.

6. shareef777, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011

shareef777 macrumors 68020

shareef777

Yeah, wish the iPad safari had two fingers to go back/forward, and three fingers to switch tabs back/forward.

7. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

+1 Always find myself trying this on the iPad.

8. DS3 macrumors 6502a

I installed them over the weekend but only knew about swiping between apps and pinching to close. Swiping up for the multi task bar eliminates the most annoying button press on the iPad, sweet.

9. benjayman2 macrumors 6502

benjayman2

I really wish the implemented three finger swipe for backward/forward in safari, but it's a bonus anyways so.

10. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

4 is too many, I wish they could use 2 or 3. I understand why 2 or 3 finger gestures aren't available, but getting all four fingers on the screen and making sure each is touching with enough pressure to register is a bit difficult for me, since I have a mobility problem.

11. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I don't understand why Safari doesn't have the same options as Atomic or Mercury. It would be perfect.

12. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I can understand that. However, I don't see a way around it if they give devs permission to use 2 and 3 fingers and keep 4 and 5 fingers for the iOS.

Your issue reminds me that I think they still couldn't do away with the home button simply because of gestures. Then again, they always find a way...