Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What is your favorite soda?

• Total voters

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
Cassie said:
Mine is Dr. Pepper. If your favorite isnt on the list, post it here!

What list?? :confused: (Edit: Oops, sorry, the list didn't show up til I posted.)

Mine is a toss-up between diet Dr. Pepper and Pepsi Max Cappucino. (Can't stand all the sugar in regular, makes me feel like my teeth have fur.)

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I LOVE soda. Which is my favorite really depends on the mood I'm in...but I have a lot of thoughts on soda. Among them...

• The best way to drink soda is over ice in a glass.
  • EXCEPT Mountain Dew. That's best in the can.
  • The fountain version is always better than the canned version, which is always better than the plastic bottle version, again, except MD.
  • Drink straight from the glass, not using a straw, even at restaurants. (Yes, I know that's probably not a good thing...but it tastes better.) :)

L

Lau

annk said:
(Can't stand all the sugar in regular, makes me feel like my teeth have fur.)

That's exactly how I feel about normal Coke. I hate the furry teeth, so I do usually drink Diet Coke, although I don't drink a lot of it. The most usual reason for me drinking it is due to a hangover, and then it's usually a toss-up between Coke and Irn Bru. :p

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
Caffeine free diet coke for me. I am also a fan of Irn Bru - let's get it on the voting list!

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
I prefer the 'flavoured' versions of Diet Coke, myself - the extra flavour helps to take the edge off the artificial taste of the sweetner. I've not had Irn Bru for years - I might see if I can track down a diet version of it to see if it still measures up to what I remember from when I was a kid. :p

true777

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2000
California, Austria, Arkansas
I hate the taste of soda.

At the most I will drink juice spritzers that only contain real fruit juice and carbonated water, like Crystal Geyser "Mountain Raspberry" Juice Squeeze, which I find quite good. It has 70% fruit juice, nothing artificial, and a full serving of fruit in every bottle.

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
I'm healthy: and I drink soda

My favorite is Cherry Pepsi, but since that isn't there I'm choosing Coke instead. Dr. Pepper is really good too.

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
Medford
it's a tossup between Mountain Dew, Vault, and CC Lemon, a japanese lemon-flavored soda that somehow manages to have half the sugar of any "regular" soda and still taste just as good...

Old Smuggler

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
a bunch of sweet tooths you guys are
i prefer Canada Dry or any other ginger ale

unless im drinking Jack & Pepsi

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
My favourite is plain Coca Cola, cold directly from a glass bottle. Got 2 in the fridge right now... <drool>mmm... Coca Cola...</drool>

But on a day to day basis I drink Pepsi Max, Tab Extra and Coca Cola Light (aka Diet Coke), along with Sprite Zero. After I stopped smoking and passed 30 my body is just no longer able to burn all that sugar (I used to drink 3 litres of Coca Cola a day until I was in my late 20s). :(

But I still treat myself to a small bottle of Coke every now and then... :)

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
No soda ... I started mixing juice and water, because I don't like drinking plain water that much, but I don't like how sugary drinks have gotten.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.