Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
My SS Silver Series 8 arrives on Monday.

It’s coming with the starlight sport band.

I already have 2 braided solo loops, one product red & one abyss blue.

I have just ordered the starlight sport loop.

I have tried the first three bands before, but never the sport loop.

What is your favourite Apple Watch band (genuine) and if possible, could you post a picture it, in situ?

I can see the whole band buying thing becoming addictive.

GloriousAndrew

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2017
Apple’s sport loop bands. Nomad also makes very nice sport bands.
I keep hearing this and I want to order a black one as it seems Apple has just refused to me any bands that are true black…

The Dune and Lunar Gray also look awesome.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
My favorite is the Solo Loop. I have always liked the silicone bands and having one that precisely fits and just slips over the wrist is to me a killer feature *if* you learn your correct size. The Braided Solo Loops are also nice, but I tend not to like fabric bands as much because I dislike using them during exercise (they get wet and stay that way for a bit) so it means if I am wearing it I have to remember to change it out.

Other bands I like? Sports Band is classic and was my favorite until the Solo Loops were introduced.

Bands I surprisingly dislike because others like them? The Sports Loop... I don't like the fabric feel, I think having one lug instead of two makes them look asymmetrical and the lug being plastic makes it look cheap. The new Trail Band introduced with the Ultra helps a bit with this as now it has two lugs (symmetrical) and they are made of titanium which gives a bit more of a premium look. Still fabric though...

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I keep hearing this and I want to order a black one as it seems Apple has just refused to me any bands that are true black…

The Dune and Lunar Gray also look awesome.
Nomad makes excellent bands, but if you decide to order they take a long while to ship and the information on your order page is confusing. It will say your order is complete but that you will get an email when it ships. They’re a small company so some things are understandable but still a little frustrating. Just be prepared to wait.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
The Link Bracelet is a favorite of mine. The quick release links are ingenious, it looks good and it's a very comfortable bracelet. The only thing that lets it down is the lack of any on-the-fly micro adjustment, which is a feature found on more and more traditional watches.
The Sport Band is also a great design and it's what I wear most of all.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
The Link Bracelet is a favorite of mine. The quick release links are ingenious, it looks good and it's a very comfortable bracelet. The only thing that lets it down is the lack of any on-the-fly micro adjustment, which is a feature found on more and more traditional watches.
The Sport Band is also a great design and it's what I wear most of all.
I love the Apple link bracelet but find my wrist size changes during the day and it would be either to lose or too tight. I, like you, also wish it had a quick size change feature Like my Submariner.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
I love the Apple link bracelet but find my wrist size changes during the day and it would be either to lose or too tight. I, like you, also wish it had a quick size change feature Like my Submariner.
My wrist is the same. I’ve got a couple of watches with bracelets with on-the-fly adjustment and I really miss it when I wear other watches that haven’t got it.

joefrank64k

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
Sport Loop. So versatile and so easy to dial in the fit. Breathable, dries quickly, easy on/off.

I‘m sure that the Trail Loop will be my new favorite with the AWU (since it has Ti lugs) if I ever get one, haha!!

parseckadet

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Denver, CO
I've tried many bands over the years, but I always come back to the sport band. It's always comfortable, stands up to sweat, and is easy to clean. The only knock against it is that it traps water against your skin, which was espcially annoying during the pandemic when I was washing my hands every 5 minutes. I'm giving the ocean band a solid try right now, but it is more fidley to put on. It's also 10mm shorter than the M/L sport bands for the 45mm watches. With my wrist size that means I use the very last hole on the ocean band, where I used the second to last on the sport. This becomes an issue in warmer weather and my wrists swell up just enough to make the ocean uncomfortable. So I'm guessing I'll be switching away from the ocean band come next summer.

I've always wanted the link bracelet, but I've never pulled the trigger for a few reasons. First, I knew that I wanted to switch from the SS to the black SS (or whatever Apple decides to call the black one at the time). Second, in the early days nobody really knew how long Apple would stick with the lug design. I'm shocked that my bands from my series 0 still fit the Ultra. So I was never willing to take the risk. And I'm glad I never did because now that I have the Ultra I don't want my $500 (that was the original cost) band to not match it.

Last edited:

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
I've always wanted the link bracelet, but I've never pulled the trigger for a few reasons. First, I knew that I wanted to switch from the SS to the black SS (or whatever Apple decides to call the black one at the time). Second, in the early days nobody really knew how long Apple would stick with the lug design. I'm shocked that my bands from my series 0 still fit the Ultra. So I was never willing to take the risk. And I'm glad I never did because now that I have the Ultra I don't want my $500 (that was the original cost) band to not match it.
I’ve had mine since the Series 0 and I got it used but barely worn, so didn’t pay anywhere near the full price for it. Micro adjustment aside, it’s a great bracelet and it even goes well with my S6 titanium.

3507B46A-1B35-48DD-A9F6-F169BB50A64D.jpeg

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
OEM:
The original Hermes cuff and double tour bands

Aftermarket:
The original LUNATIK® EPIK for the series one and two
I’d never buy anything from Hermes.

Look on YouTube for the video about how they “get” their crocodile skin.

Even if I wasn’t vegetarian, I still wouldn’t buy from them.

Wishing you well.

lostPod

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2022
I’d never buy anything from Hermes.

Look on YouTube for the video about how they “get” their crocodile skin.

Even if I wasn’t vegetarian, I still wouldn’t buy from them.

Wishing you well.
Oh wow I was not aware, but I would never buy the band from Hermes as well. That being said, I did buy clones of them on ebay. Fake leather FTW!

DaveOZ

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2008
I rotate between the Braided Solo loop for sleep and morning walk, SS Link or Bandwerk black leather for work. I’ve added the Midnight Ocean with my Ultra for weekend beach and boating. Given how easy it is to swap, I don’t have to pick a favourite.

rjalda100

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2012
Canada
I have a lot of Sport Loops in my collection and think they're ideal for comfort; most of the time they end up being my go-to along with the regular sport bands. That being said, I did just get my first Braided Solo Loop (Atlantic Blue, it was a great eBay deal) and am very impressed with it so far. It's as comfortable as the Sport Loops with the added bonus of not having to adjust it throughout the day. I've only had it for a few weeks and already want more of them, which I'm sure will happen in the near future.

tdbrown75

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2015
Dallas, TX
I like the Nike Sport bands for exercise, the braided solo loop for casual, and Apple leather for dress. Have about 1/2 dozen other bands that I just never wear. The braided solo's are my favorite all around.

Tim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.