Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I favour the solo loop, of which I have four now.

I find it comfortable, and you almost forget it's there.

I don't really like the sport band; I have one which came with the watch.

What's your favourite strap, and why?

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Nike Sport Band. Nice and secure for exercise, and vented. I do have a few cheap Amazon fabric bands too but generally the Nike ones are my preferred.

• Love
Reactions: Agile55

tuanlouis

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2020
For every day use, I wear solo loop yes it's so comfortable for all type of activities. For formal event, link bracelet. Occasionally, braided solo loop.

Rainshadow

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2017
Brace yourselves. Mine is the alpine loop. Once you get used to it, it’s a super comfortable fit due to the stretch, looks unique, light and matches my ultra in finish. I have the green one. Wish I would have gotten the large though as my only gripe is that the titanium clasp hits the watch sometimes when I take it off because I need the band to be all the way opened to take it off.

I would love to try the trail loop and the ocean band though. My guess is I would love them.

I do tend to come back to my khaki standard sport band every now and again, however. Even with the ultra. Apple really hit it out of the park with that simple and first design.

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
Also using a (fake) alpine loop strap and it’s by far my favorite.

tarsins

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
Stainless steel Milanese loop. Been using it since around series 5 and it still looks great on my Ultra.

Reactions: dotnet

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
I’ve tried almost all types of bands Apple has to offer. I like the comfort level of the sport loop however it tends to retain moisture/water easily (due to it being made of nylon) and cause irritation on my skin. Washing the watch with the loop on isn’t a good idea as well as it takes ages to dry up.

The Milanese loop is elegant and I’ve used it for 8 months when I was wearing a S4. The magnetic clasp is strong enough and it provides enough comfort throughout the day. But the dangly nature of the loop (when not wearing the watch) can cause scratches on the back of the watch or even worst, the screen as well when I have to stuff my watch in my pocket. This strap is build for occasions rather than day-to-day use, in my opinion.

I’m alternating between the regular and Nike sport bands for daily wear and on occasions I do use the leather link strap. Surprisingly the moisture in the leather links do dry up quickly after washing it so that’s a plus.

Macdctr

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Ocean State
I have the stainless steel Milanese loop strap that my Apple Watch came with but have since replaced this strap for a Juuk Design 45mm Vitero Aluminum Cosmic Grey strap which is currently my "go to" strap for my Apple Watch.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
For me, the most comfortable is the solo loop. Unfortunately, they don't last -- my first one, which I got with my S6, broke after about half a year. My second one, which I got with my S8, is now starting to crack. :(

I haven't tried the braided solo loop, because it costs more, and I'm afraid it'll take time to dry if it gets wet.

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

i4k20c

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2005
the rubber on the solo loop never dries when it gets wet or if i sweat, it's crazy to me how many people find it so comfortable!

my daily is the braided solo loop and for formal events, i wear the leather. just wish apple went back to the smoother leather bands and not the new "bumpy" ones.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
the rubber on the solo loop never dries when it gets wet or if i sweat, it's crazy to me how many people find it so comfortable!

my daily is the braided solo loop and for formal events, i wear the leather. just wish apple went back to the smoother leather bands and not the new "bumpy" ones.
How quickly does the braided solo loop dry when it gets wet? Does it dry faster than the non-braided ones do?

i4k20c

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2005
How quickly does the braided solo loop dry when it gets wet? Does it dry faster than the non-braided ones do?
it's funny, you would think because it's fabric that it would stay wet for awhile. but i legit never notice it being wet and i wash my hands a lot (have a small kiddo). now i'm not the type who goes swimming with my watch or in the shower like some - so idk how it would do in that circumstance. but at least from regular hand washing/cleaning dishes/rain; i never notice it be wet.

Reactions: Night Spring

richwilliams

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2016
Blighty
For me after getting the Ultra it’s the alpine green band. Great fit and finish (although do agree to be a bit careful not to bang the clasp off the case when taking on/off).

Still love my sports bands as well. The abyss blue and midnight work well with the Ultra. Also got a ‘Trail Loop’ grey from URVOI store on Aliexpress that is surprising good for about £7 GBP.

Tdude96

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2021
A stainless steel milanese loop with magnetic clasp, third party, but extremely high quality.
Looks dressy enough for work, remains soft and comfortable and doesn't work loose while exercising.

Dguitarnut

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
St Petersburg Fl.
Any of the 3 leather link bands……on my ultra or my SBTi s7……..instantly on off……no monkeying around ….
2nd favorites are the Nike sport bans . The Ultra ocean bands are small for my wrist, having to use it on the 2nd notch makes it a dangerous on off situation.
Right sporting the Ultra with Anthracite/black Nike sport band…….

Last edited:

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
For me, the most comfortable is the solo loop. Unfortunately, they don't last -- my first one, which I got with my S6, broke after about half a year. My second one, which I got with my S8, is now starting to crack. :(

I haven't tried the braided solo loop, because it costs more, and I'm afraid it'll take time to dry if it gets wet.
I also love my solo loops.

I have quite a few straps now, but I seem to wear my solos most of the time.

Reactions: Night Spring

stanza.richi

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2019
Italy
Tried few times in Apple Store, thinking that ocean band is something really comfortable!

3D47A344-800C-4128-A691-A1D48AE24AB3.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.