What is your ideal iPad display size?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by miamialley, Oct 10, 2011.

?

1. <8"

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  2. 8"

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. 9.7"

23 vote(s)
    59.0%
  4. 11"

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. >11"

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Not the size of the physical device, but only the display itself. The current iPad display is 9.7". Is that your ideal size?

2. TuiSong macrumors regular

I think apple got it right with the size. But I have often thought how nice it would be to have an iPadlet, halfway between iPod touch and iPad size. With the super crisp retina display for reading books. Something that could easily be held in one hand, slipped into a pocket but big enough to comfortably read on.

3. Duckit macrumors regular

Duckit

I love the current size of the iPad's screen!

4. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

The size of the actual iPad is perfect i think. Any bigger it would be annoying ly big, any smaller it would be pointless.
    What i would like to see though, is the screen going from edge to edge, or the bezel greatly reduced so you could still hold it. That would be cool.

5. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

I used to use a Windows tablet with an 11" screen and I liked it better than the 9.7" screen. 9.7" is good for most things, but browsing the internet is a little bit easier with an 11" screen because you can actually read all of the text without scrilling down every 2 seconds. Another inch diagonally isn't so much bigger that you can't fit it in your backpack, it would still be easy to carry around.

6. racer1441 macrumors 68000

I'd carry a 17 inch iPad every day of the week.

7. trip1ex macrumors 68000

They make that. It is called a Kindle.

8. applefanboy4739 macrumors member

Personally I would love a 13" or 15" screen size. Very big yes, but I can imagine using it alot. A full size, virtual keyboard would fantastic as well. Up the resolution to say retina? :) my perfect device