What is your Move goal?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ipaine, May 30, 2015.

1. ipaine macrumors member

I've been at 500 for the past two weeks. Considering upping but want to make it realistic. I often find myself extending my workout to ensure I hit it - definitely having a positive effect.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Then it sounds like it is just right. That is unless you want an ever move "positive effect".

3. TheColtr macrumors regular

Mines at 800, but I usually go past it since I work out quite a bit.

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Move goals and calories are relative to each individual. A 350kcal Move goal would be a bigger challenge to 100lb 60 year old female than a 500kcal Move goal to a 250lb 20 year old male. Unless you are comparing to someone with the same sex, weight, hight and age (and we are still leaving out other metrics that I have apple will add like fitness level and body fat ratio) as you then it is mostly meaningless to just compare Move goals as absolute numbers.

5. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

I've had my Watch suggest a new Move goal at the beginning of the week, if the actual Move average was higher than the previous goal.

6. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Mines at 450, which even then I don't hit very often, because I can't wear it at work, which is where I would burn a lot of calories (I'm on my feet moving around all day).

7. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Why can't you wear at work?

8. Fwingonga macrumors member

My problem with the Move goal is that I very easily close the circle (and go well past it) on days when I go to the gym (usually 4 or 5 days a week) but can sometimes have difficulty closing it on non-gym days. So it's hard to set a realistic calorie goal when I have 2 or 3 days of non-sporting activity per week...

9. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Mine is at 750 calories/day. I only achieve this the days I workout though, every other day it falls short.

10. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

It seems to go up every week. I started off with 350. Last week, I had it set to 500, then it suggested 560 for me on Monday so that's my current goal this week. I do seem to hit it every week, since I work out around 45 minutes using the work's gym.

But I do fall short on the weekends. As you can see, I missed it on the memorial day too: :eek:

Attached Files:

11. HopefulHumanist macrumors 6502a

Same. It's been tough for me this week; forcing me to do mini workouts at home after already working out at the gym lol. But the pay off is sweet, I have almost four full weeks of full rings!

[​IMG]

I lost data from April 24 to May 2 because I wiped my phone and set it up from scratch not knowing it would wipe the watch so I won't be able to get the award for the full month of May :( haha

12. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Company policy. I work at dunkin donuts, and they're very strict with the dress code. Kinda dumb in my opinion, but oh well. The most jewelry we can wear is a small ring (wedding band, etc).

13. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Mine is at 500 and will forever stay at 500. The watch doesn't even register half of the stuff I do.

I'm usually at my goal by the end of my workout but I'm sure I there are plenty of calories it doesn't catch from my weight training. 500 is plenty.

14. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Guess they have to have rules or someone will surely abuse it.

15. foxkoneko macrumors 6502

Mines 440 though it's just a place holder for days I don't work out. Gym days get me over 1k

16. Packfan99 macrumors member

Packfan99

I'm 59 and I've upped it to 800. I'm usually at around 1000-1100 on days I work out. Usually always make it, but have to work at it. Looking at my Health app on my phone, it's amazing what a big change I've made since I got my watch. My daily average steps has increased by about 4,000 steps a day. It's a great motivator!

17. jannette macrumors 6502

I am a 69 year old woman. I do not work out but I am active all day. I weigh 100 lbs and the watch set my target at 170. I easily exceed this each day and have now set it to 400.
    So, as another poster said, I think it depends on your age etc.
    I love my Watch....I think most people think I am too old to have one, but I am young at heart!

18. paulisme macrumors 6502

Man, I feel like a slob. Mine's at 250 and I hit it about 3 times a week.

19. ssls6 macrumors 6502a

ssls6

Mine is at 800 cals and in one more day I'll have a perfect month:cool:

20. Packfan99 macrumors member

Packfan99

I also have 2 large dogs, a Bernese Mountain Dog and a great Heinz rescue which tend to keep me moving quite a bit.

21. ihatephish macrumors regular

Interesting. I just noticed my step count has also drastically improved since getting the watch compared to when I started using a fitbit in December.

22. ihatephish macrumors regular

Ps: the ONLY thing I'm upset about regarding the watch is not being able to set one of the rings to "steps". I'd really much prefer that metric at a glance than caloric/standing info.

23. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

I think that one is more of a sanitary one. I mean I'm not against rules, just some seem kind of silly. Oh well, I get a check every week and thats what matters the most. ;)

24. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

1,000, but I've been going a couple hundred above that. It'll probably recommend a new goal.