What is your next buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Teclis, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Teclis macrumors member

Teclis

Hi everyone!
    Anybody want to share what Apple product they plan to buy next? Personally im going for an iPad 3 due the popularity the current one har claimed in the household. Half the time when I need it my girlfriend already occupy it... Some time after I will probably pick up a new MacBook Pro 15" because the chassis on the one I am rocking now (last model before the unibodies) is dangerously close to failing, although it should have a few months left in it before it finally lets go. :)

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

well if we're only talking apple products, it'll be an iPad 3 for me, but only if it has a retina display.

if we're talking just in general it'll be a canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Most likely iPhone 5 (or whatever it will be called). My 3GS is getting a bit slow and the next update might bring some nice goodies as well.

4. dsdrury macrumors newbie

5. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

6. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

a new iPod touch.
    I have the 4 and have had it since launch....
    -the camera is crap
    -the home button is dieing
    -the screen is messed up
    I guess I could repare it

I would love an ipod classic but thats ANOTHER story

7. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

If Apple finally offers a larger screen on the upcoming iPhone, then I'm a buyer. If not I'll be keeping my tiny 4S.

8. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Depending on what the it brings to the table, maybe an iPad 3. I had an iPad 2, but didn't use it after the first couple months, so I sold it and put the money toward an MBA.

After that, probably the iPhone 5 since one of my family members wants my iPhone 4s. I hope it has a ~4in screen.

And then lastly, probably the 2012 MBA. Same deal, a couple of my family members want to get their hands on my current one.

Definitely going to upgrade my 2011 iMac to an SSD this year though. Hopefully we see prices come down =\

9. Geekbabe macrumors 6502a

Geekbabe

10. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

Couple of different possibilities:

Thunderbolt Display, iMac (when updated), iPad 3, MacBook Air (when updated)
    OR
    Thunderbolt Display, MacBook Pro (when Updated), iPad 3

I've always been interested in the iMac, but it's a royal pain in the ass for upgrade the SSD/HDD, so I've been on a MBP.

11. emac82 macrumors 6502

iPhone 5 (or whatever it will be called) to replace my iPhone 4....

I just bought a new MBP a month ago, so that'll last a few more years..

12. Raelthorne macrumors newbie

1. 64GB iPad2 with 3g or an iPad3 depending on when it's released this year.
    2. Mac Mini with an Intel i7 2.7Ghz Processor, 8GB of Ram & a 750 GB HDD

13. notMordecai macrumors newbie

notMordecai

Probably an iPad 3 if there are enough changes to warrant an expense for a tablet. I have a powerful Windows desktop, a MacBook Air, and an iPhone 4S... do I really need to fill in another device slot?

14. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

15" MacBook Pro. I'm going to sell and replace the Mac mini Server (which I'm using as a normal Snow Leopard-client-running Mac) with it. I might get a current generation 64GB iPod touch before that, it depends on whether I can make the additional $400 before the next MacBook Pro refresh as I have EXACTLY what I need for the 15" Pro that I want (or rather for the model in its respective place in the line-up).

Having worked at an Apple Authorized Service Provider, I can also attest that the iMac is probably the least reliable Mac Apple makes. I'd say you should go with the latter option; fewer computers will make life simpler. Plus it's not like you don't get the iPad 3 either way. :p

My stepfather configured that same exact Mac mini (though he bought the 8GB RAM kit from Crucial aftermarket) and he also tacked on the 256 SSD in addition to the 750GB HDD. While Mac minis aren't my cup of tea, and probably never will be again, I am vicariously pumped (jealous) as it should be a pretty awesome computer.

15. malman89 macrumors 68000

No idea/nothing -- maybe.

Going to build a desktop gaming rig later in the year. As long as my late 2006 MacBook doesn't die on me, it'll remain my portable computer option.

I also see no need to replace my iPod classic 80GB unless it gets broken/stolen somehow. I see no need for an iPad yet.

16. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

2012 refresh iMac. Need to get a desktop for some uses now that I'll be at home more, and don't plan to force my MBA to be the workhorse when I don't need portability.

17. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I am thinking the iPad 3. I have the MBA 11" so if it seems redundant having both then my 2nd purchase maybe a Macbook Pro 15" or 17" replacing the MBA.

The combo Macbook Pro and iPad sounds ideal. As long as the new iPad can handle more tasks, like office with out having to have the special apps or be online.

18. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

Unless they change up the enclosure as has been rumored, I'd say get a Mac mini or a Mac Pro instead. The iMacs are way too flakey.

19. Raelthorne macrumors newbie

I'm going to buy the Ram and install it myself. Would like to get an SSD (not a must have but would be nice) but I don't feel comfortable installing it. This will be my first Mac so I'm a bit nervous, however coming from a PC background, wouldn't have a problem doing it in a PC :)

20. Yebubbleman macrumors 68030

Yebubbleman

You can get the Mac mini configured with an SSD; that's what my stepfather did. Though you don't necessarily need the 750GB hard drive, the option to also have it is nice.

PC vs. Mac isn't what makes the SSD installation a pain on a Mac mini; it's just as easy to install an SSD drive on a MacBook Pro as it is on a standard PC tower. The Mac mini's specific design is what makes that installation relatively challenging.

21. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

First things are a BT keyboard and a Magic Trackpad, when I sell some stuff I have in the Marketplace thread....Then I guess the ipad3 followed by the new iPhone. All my Macs were updated last year, so won't be buying any newbies on that front for a while.

22. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

23. SimonUK5 macrumors 6502

Once i kit out my PowerBook and MDD, to last me through collage, i'll probably save to try get a pre-unibody MBP or a 11'' Air, although the Pro will be cheaper.

24. motoleo macrumors 6502a

motoleo

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

What will be my next Apple product?

Hmm..it might be an iPad 3, but that depends on how good Windows 8 is.

Maybe an iPod touch? Idk...

It would've been an iPhone, but there's a long time to wait for that.

I always wanted a MacBook Pro.

25. rockden macrumors newbie

hii have two year experience to use iphone 2 and i hope i get new iphone 4s