What is your number 1 most wanted hardware feature?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcostaman, Jun 26, 2008.

1. jcostaman macrumors member

jcostaman

What hardware feature do you most want for the iPhone that isn't currently available for the iPhone or iPhone 3G?

Mine is a better camera... A 2 megapixel camera just isn't good enough. The camera on the iPhone is barely noticeable so would it kill apple to make it at least 3 megapixels?

2. Astro8973 macrumors regular

Astro8973

LARGER STORAGE! I cant wait until iphones are 128 or 256gb's. that'll be awsome! i dont care about the camera cuz i use my digital camera.

3. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

What I'd like best are game controls. Just a d-pad would be good enough.

4. icecold0913 macrumors member

1 Front-facing camera
    2 higher megapixel camera
    3 even thinner enclosure!
    4 more storage
    5 thinner black border around the screen with a uniform width on all four sides
    6 thinner chrome border on the front
    6 ridiculously awesome call quality... i mean this IS the jesus phone.
    7 more colors duh!
    8 glowing apple logo on the back ala macbooks- how sweet would that be!

aww, now the iPhone 3G doesn't look so great:(;)

5. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

Better camera lens/higher megapixel/whatever. I just want better-quality pictures

6. myphone macrumors 6502

myphone

7. ChrisN macrumors 65816

ChrisN

I want a really fast phone so

faster cpu that has great cell audio with full bars everywhere!

ChrisN

8. 01jamcon macrumors 6502a

01jamcon

Yup, slightly higher megapixel camera with an LED light would be great. I've been amazed how many times I need to use the LED from my mobile phone to find something in the dark, here's hoping the front screen will be good enough as a torch.

9. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

10. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

1. Front Camera
    2. Larger Storage
    3. Matte Black Alum back
    4. Quality (whether higher megapixel or lens) Camera

Come on, do you really expect us to only list the #1 thing we want??? I didn't think so. :D

11. wako macrumors 65816

lol... ever since i bought a crappy phone (that doesnt have an LED light) to hold me over until the 3G iPhone comes out, it really is a pain in the ass at night now to walk blindly in the dark.

Some things I would like to see is a aluminum backing again, larger storage (32gb would be PERFECT for me), and a better screen (come on QVGA?)

12. dibara2003 macrumors 6502

great minds think alike :D

13. nima macrumors member

nima

Heres something different.

TOP 5 Hardware/Software Upgrades Apple should be thinking about!

Hardware upgrades
    1. Flash!!! Able to keep it on as well
    2. Camera can twist to the front for video conferencing.
    3. Fingerprint lock instead of sliding it. More secure and can make your phone not accessible from anyone but you. Also replaces the lock key number
    4. Removable battery on the back.
    5. Quicker accelerometer( usually you can tell when its slow when you have it vertical and it takes a few seconds to change. nothing bad but could improve or could be something else im not sure entirely with the accelerometer)

Software upgrades
    1. MMS!!! i cant send any nudes to my friends because of mms!!! lol just kidding
    2. Video recording to send onto youtube. i have enough trouble posting videos on youtube or even videotaping
    3. Picture editing( crop out heads like photo bombers)
    4. Using accelerometer to tilt the keyboard when using sms because we all know its alot easier to text when its horizontal
    5. Turning on/off 3g connectivity by touching the top bars and also tilting your phone horizontal on the home page and turning all your apps sideways.

14. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

No. 1 would be increased storage. I'm hoping a 32GB chip that fits where it needs to comes out later this year. That would mean my wait for the 64GB model could start counting down. :)

I do like the idea of an LED on the phone. There's not much room on the top of mine, but maybe they could make a circular one around the headphone jack?

I could really not care less about the camera stuff. They'll obviously get up in the megapixel dept. at some point, but it looks darn good to me. I also don't have much of a desire for a camera on the front. Just guess that your picture is good and snap a few. Delete the crappy ones. My rants against video calls on here are legen (wait for it) dary.

For the person who suggested a game controller pad, that would be best as some sort of add-on connected to the dock connector. Apple isn't going to ugly up the phone with a big D-pad just for a few games. I don't know if the SDK would allow anything like that yet, but that is the best option for such a purpose. I think the deal is probably if you need a D-pad, you probably need a DS or PSP.

15. ins0mniaque macrumors newbie

For those asking for a LED for something else than the camera should check the flashlight application...

http://code.google.com/p/flashlight-iphone/

it's not great, but probably lights a room better than a single LED.

16. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

Me too.

17. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

dear god...if you can hear my prayer...all i want is a better camera that has video recording.

18. newyorksole macrumors 68030

There is nothing I really want besides a glowing Apple logo on the back and an indicator light.

I would love to have an indicator light to the left of the receiver that blinks blue when I have a missed call or message and other colors for other things.

Having flash, more megapixels, front camera all of that stuff are just bonus'. I don't really want those things.

19. slicecom macrumors 68020

That'd be awesome. I'm hoping that there will be an aftermarket option available as I refuse to put covers on my phone, so I'm sure it will be scratched up in days.

20. Delta608 macrumors regular

Delta608

What its designed for...A telephone that works properly....:eek:

21. animenick65 macrumors 6502

Number one for myself is a subtle led light on the front hidden like the sensors are. Something just like the subtle white glow on a macbook when its sleeping. It would slowly blink when you have a new voicemail or text message. That my friends would be sweet.

22. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Camera flash, or at least an LED.

Followed by a better lens assembly for the camera.

Followed by a nicer looking back case.

Phazer

23. ~Phi macrumors regular