What is YOUR plan of action?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bkingtu83, Nov 10, 2011.

1. bkingtu83 macrumors member

Ok, so its apparent that everyone is patiently (some impatiently) waiting for the untethered iOS5 jailbreak. With the recent discovery of the exploit in 5.0, but the dilema of Apple only signing it for a short window when 5.0.1 comes out, most people are in a tough spot of deciding what to do. Im on 4.1 jailbroken and i'm thinking of backing up my themes and apps in pkgbackup then updating to 5.0 unjailbroken. Only thing i will really miss is bitesms quick chat and my lockscreen. other than that, i think 5.0 will be bearable. What is everyone else doing?

2. Barneygumble47 macrumors regular

I've been tethered for a couple of weeks now with no problems so you could try that way.

There is always the semi tether as a back up plan.

3. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

I've been on the tethered jailbreak since iOS 5.0 was released, but then again I'm almost always near my computer (as my MBP travels virtually everywhere with me). So far, so good, I haven't had to do a redsn0w tethered reboot since day 1.

4. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Mine crashed on me the other day and my jailbreak is tethered and of course I was in my car on the way to classes for the day. So I had to go 4 hours without my iphone. First thing I did when I got home was get semi tether :D.
    The stupid thing is the thing that crashed the phone was skipping songs too quickly, which sometimes has made me respring but never shut the phone down entirely. Weird