Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How does your screen look?

• Yellowish tint/on the warmer side

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bluish tint/on the cooler side

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Its wonderful!

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • Its messed up, doesn't fall under the first two categories.

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
How is the screen quality? Is there a yellowish cast? A bluish cast? Just right?
This should hopefully help yourself and others get a better idea of what screens are like this time around. It has been a known fact that iPod Touch screens err towards the more yellowish/warmer spectrum.

Last edited:

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
Can you stare at a black background on full brightness is a dark room? Any light leakage around the edges?

Now that is a legitimate question. I read in the dark a lot with iBooks in Night Mode, as well as watch Netflix, so I am very sensitive to black levels and light leakage. On the original iPad, it was pretty bad on both counts. The iPad 3 got slightly better. The iPad Air almost eliminated leakage but the black levels aren't perfect. Expecting the iPhone 6 to be that good or better but don't have mine to test yet.

SBruv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2008
Hard to describe, but…

I've got a very faint sort of darker smudge-looking area at the top of the screen, near the clock. Not sure if it's some kind of light leakage or just screen variance, and it is VERY faint - you kind of have to look for it to see it – but its certainly 'something'. :-/

GregJA

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2013
I put it next to my 5s and realized how much of a yellow tint the 5s had.
I'm in love with tthe 6+ display

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.