What is your scroll direction setting?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by miamialley, Jul 20, 2011.

?

What is your scroll direction setting in Lion? (which do you prefer)

1. Lion default, iOS style, scrolling down moves the page up.

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. Leopard style, scrolling down moves the page down.

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  1. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Now, in Lion, the original scroll setting is like in iOS, if you scroll up, the screen rolls down. I have reversed the setting as in OSX previously, scrolling down moves the page down. I find the scrolling in iOS intuitive, but not so much for Lion.

What is your setting?

2. ScottNWDW macrumors 65816

ScottNWDW

Just takes getting used to and I am already used to it. With 2 iOS devices (iPad, iPhone) it just seems more natural that all 3 now scroll the same. At first it was a little odd, but now I am used to it.

3. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

I've used an iPhone for years and an iPad 2 since release and I've never found the need to have inverted scrolling for OSX. It's never felt unintuitive or confusing. Not sure why they'd make that the default.

4. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Lion's natural scrolling doesn't make sense when you're not directly touching the screen.

Not once in my year of using an iPad & MacBook Pro ever got confused with scrolling and said "I wish scrolling was the same on my iPad as it was on my MacBook". It doesn't make sense.

5. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

Me either. The thought never even crossed my mine. If you aren't interacting with the screen by touching it, I don't get why anyone would prefer it. I guess some people do though. At least there's a choice.

6. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

At first, I hated the inverted scrolling and it was one of the first things I changed when I first installed Lion. I saw on here that quite a few people liked it after getting used to it so I decided to give it a second try. Now I prefer it.

7. meerkat35 macrumors newbie

Still finding it odd but it would be great if Apple can have it as option as to which direction we prefer.

8. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

It is.

I thought it was awful at first but after just a couple hours scrolling on a Windows computer feels backwards.

9. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

Check the trackpad settings. You can select which you prefer.