Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zhanming12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2018
A bit of a weird question, but I saw this photo of TC the other day on the black Macbook thread and really like the look. Tried to search for it but couldn't figure out the brand. Would appreciate any info on finding it. Thanks!

1607204023023.png

Erehy Dobon

Suspended
Feb 16, 2018
No service
Tim's sartorial style would lean toward something utterly utilitarian, practical and budget priced.

Impossible to say for certain but it looks a bit like a Lands' End jacket. Lands' End does not have garish branding or logo placement.

Reactions: Zhanming12

Zhanming12

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2018
Tim's sartorial style would lean toward something utterly utilitarian, practical and budget priced.

Impossible to say for certain but it looks a bit like a Lands' End jacket. Lands' End does not have garish branding or logo placement.

thanks. I checked and nothing looks exactly like Tim's jacket but they do have some nice stuff.

I'm now wondering if this is from one of those Nike techwear brand/sub-brands. I know that he wears a lot of Nike because of the collaboration, and this one looks like it could be some kind of new-age synthetic fabric.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Yeah, that’s gonna be a very difficult find, given there’s no real insignia on the jacket. However, I did find this photoed below, although not exactly what Tim Cook would wear in that photo above, similar, [minus the tapered look at the bottom and missing the double zipper]. I don’t think that’s a Nike jacket that Cook is wearing in that picture, likely some sort of off-design brand that most probably haven’t heard of.

27241E1E-C7E6-459B-80D4-E65889256AC8.png

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
That one Time is wearing is one cool jacket..

For reasons, i never think its looks ok, until i see others wearing it, Then i want it... Strange huh..?

Erehy Dobon

Suspended
Feb 16, 2018
No service
Another possibility is Lululemon. They are another company who doesn't plaster large corporate logos all over everything.

There was a Lululemon retail shop in downtown Palo Alto before COVID-19. It might actually be thriving with all of the shelter-in-place, work-from-home mandates.

Or it could be some off brand at REI. There's an REI store in Mountain View right by 101.

COVID-19 has made the locals even more lazy about attire; athleisure apparel is even more commonplace today than before the pandemic.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.