What keyboard and mouse do you use?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by KlytusLord, Nov 1, 2014.

1. KlytusLord macrumors regular

Hi,

I am curious on what input peripherals are used by Mac Pro owners, considering these computers are used for more than simply regular home, personal use.

I use a WASD mechanical keyboard with a Kensington Slimblade trackball for most work and a Logitech MX mouse for more precision work.

I hope this type of question is not our of place on this forum. If it is, my apologies, and I hope a moderator will either move the thread or delete it.

Thanks!

2. Gav Mack macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

Apple wired extended with Logitech Anywhere MX and occasionally the magic trackpad for a bit of brush work.

A Magic Mouse's magic does not work in my hand unless I want it to disappear!

Razer Orochi my other Mac rodent, superb bluetooth mouse but munches rechargeable AA's like Pac Man!

3. flowrider macrumors 601

flowrider

I'm using a wired Logitech Gaming Keyboard (I like the lighted keys - I can keep my room dark at night) and a Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 (I like the added function keys on the mouse, I use 'em all). I guess, I really don't see the need for a BT keyboard, since the keyboard is stationary.

Lou

4. BobD2 macrumors member

I am using an Apple Extended Keyboard:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Extended_Keyboard.
    Dates from the late 1980s. Also have a couple of Apple Extended Keyboard II which came out in 1990.
    Requires an adapter: Griffin 2001-ADB iMate/Universal ADB to USB adapter
    This can be purchased from Amazon.
    Great keyboard. Better than the one that came with my Mac Pro in my opinion.

5. Wardenski macrumors 6502

Mouse: Logitech G500 (via steermouse)
    Keyboard: Daskeyboard Mac edition

Mouse and Wacom tablet attached by USB to keyboard which connects via two USB connections to old Mac Pro.

I'm not a professional but the default thin Mac keyboard sucks. I prefer the old chunky ones that came with my G5 (or white iMac G3, cant remember).

6. Synchro3, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014

Synchro3 macrumors 68000

Synchro3

7. snorkelman macrumors 6502a

snorkelman

Generally Apple bluetooth keyboards and magic trackpads on our mac pros; pretty much identical feel to using mackbook keyboards and trackpads so keeps things simple when swapping between the two.

8. KlytusLord thread starter macrumors regular

This is precisely my dilemma at the moment. I love my mechanical keyboard, but the transition between laptop and desktop is weird, so I keep being tempted to go back to Apple peripherals on my Mac Pro as well.

9. BeatCrazy macrumors 65816

Filco Majestouch Cherry Blue and Magic Trackpad.

10. ksz macrumors 68000

WASD CODE 87-key USB keyboard. Because I got sick of chiclet keys and wanted backlit keys.

Apple Trackpad. Love the large surface. It also seems to induce less stress on my wrist.

11. Baunkjaer macrumors 6502

Baunkjaer

12. Macsonic, Nov 2, 2014

Macsonic macrumors 65816

Macsonic

I am using the wired Apple slim aluminum keyboard and a Genius USB X-Scroll wired mouse. I was previously using the Apple mouse but the tracking speed is slower compared to the Genius mouse. With the Apple mouse I had to set the tracking speed to almost full. With the Genius mouse I only need to set the tracking speed to a little over halfway at System Preferences.

13. AkuskaUK macrumors 6502

AkuskaUK

Apple wired keyboard with numerical keypad and a Roccat Kone XTD.

14. Morpheo macrumors 65816

Morpheo

Apple wired extended keyboard

[​IMG]

...and a logitech M500 mouse. Great mouse that does all I need. I have a magic mouse too but have had tracking/scrolling issues in Photoshop and Pro Tools, so I went back to a more tradidional, old-fashioned solution ;)

15. Cubemmal macrumors 6502a

Truly Ergonomic keyboard

[​IMG]

I've used a lot and it's the best keyboard I've ever touched. Dual symmetric arrow (home on side side and arrow the other), Command-Alt-Control-Shift on both hands. plus Enter-Backspace-Tab-Delete (yes!) on the strong Thumb/Forefinger. Also it's reprogrammable :)

Mouse is a magic mouse.

16. GameFreak348, Nov 2, 2014

GameFreak348 macrumors regular

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes I use these even tho i am gaming alot on my Mac pro, I cant use gaming keyboards and mouses. They are not comfortable for me

17. mtasquared macrumors regular

mtasquared

Apple wired extended keyboard and magic trackpad.

18. Jardins de Vin macrumors 6502a

Jardins de Vin

I had the wireless keyboard and the magic mouse, now I've got the wired keyboard which is better suited for what I do because of the keypad, and the wired mighty mouse. Both wired and wireless and their pro's and con's. I prefer the wireless ones obviously because of no wires. But I'm keeping the wired keyboard because of health issues (bluetooth). I'll be going back to the wireless magic mouse however, I think. I don't use the Mac for every day use so I'm not exposed too much to the Bluetooth mouse then anyway.

19. thefredelement macrumors 65816

thefredelement

The Apple wired keyboard, the Razer DeathAdder 2013 and wireless Apple trackpad

Sometimes I look for a new keyboard but never end up deciding on one.

20. NOTNlCE macrumors 6502a

NOTNlCE

Apple Wired Extended Keyboard and a Razer Naga 2014. The keyboard is a must - LOVE the media keys and the key layout, even though I'm not technically on a "Real Mac" anymore. The Naga was just a deal. Walmart screwed up their online pricing a while back and I grabbed it for $25.

21. Swampthing macrumors 6502a

Swampthing

I've used everything from an Apple keyboard to a Razer Black Widow to a Corsair. All were nice, but fitting them on the table was a problem. And then I recently discovered the LOGITECH K480 which is absolutely tremendous. It works with my Mac Pro, iPad Air 2, and iPhone 6+ seamlessly and the keys are the best I have had on a portable keyboard. It has now become my exclusive... http://amzn.com/B00MUTWLW4

For a mouse, I have generally stuck with Razor Deathadders as my favorite. There are lots of bells and whistles on others, but this mouse has the smoothest feel and always works most reliable.Right now I am using the Razor Deathadder 2014 Chroma Edition which can be found here. http://amzn.com/B00MYTSDU4

I hope this helps you.

22. jakesaunders27 macrumors 6502a

jakesaunders27

I use an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard & Magic Trackpad and also a Wacom Tablet.

23. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

i use the logitech solar powered mac keyboard, and logitech performance mx

For some reason me and the apple magic mouse just didn't work out. I hated how it felt when moving it around, like I couldn't get it to be completely precise in where I wanted the arrow

24. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

KBC Poker 2 with Reds on all my computers, The Linux box gets a Slim Blade and the MP gets a Magic Mouse.