What keyboard case?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by DevixLuvic, Aug 1, 2011.

1. DevixLuvic macrumors member

Hey,
    I was thinking about getting an iPad 2 with a hard keyboard case for school. Does anyone know what the best ones are? They can't be soft leather-y, something more like the ClamCase (which is the case that I'm leaning towards buying right now).
    Are any keyboard cases for the iPad good? Or am I wasting my time and should just get a refurb MBA 11.6?

You input is appreciated :D .
    Dev

2. Evancx3 macrumors member

Hi Dev,
    I had some experiences with clamcase, all i can say is it weighs a ton and really bulky. If you are in the market for that kind of keyboard case, I would suggest you to get a macbook air 11"

I am now typing on a keyboard case I have bought recently. It's a unit from WeKREAT, called the typerider. you can check out my thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1194659
    The ipad2 sits in a hardshell if you are look for more rigid protection. The key are only 10-15 % smaller than the full-size keyboard. I only took a few minutes to get use to it.

3. Evancx3 macrumors member

Plus clamcase costs a whopping 150 USD, typerider is a bargain at 99 USD.
    do the math.:cool:

4. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Apple Wireless Keyboard & Incase Origami Workstation seems like a good combination.

iPad 1 shown in the pic from Google but it also works with the iPad 2.

[​IMG]

5. TC25 macrumors 68020

Too bad the OP asked about cases.

6. palpatine macrumors 68040

I am thrilled with the Incase Origami Workstation as well. It is, in fact, a wonderful case for the keyboard (folds up--hence the name origami). i am sure there is a youtube video somewhere. it is really well made, rigid, and a perfect (compact) fit. it is also inexpensive :)

7. skittles90623 macrumors regular

8. jmacnash macrumors newbie

9. madat42 macrumors regular

I just wrote my thoughts in another thread but the Adonit Writer 2 is working great for me. It keeps the iPad and the keyboard wrapped in a sleek cover, and is still light weight. When open, it works comfortably on a table and in your lap, or while laying on the couch. The only downside, at first, is the small keyboard. I've gotten used to it and though I may make the infrequent typo, it's overall design and usefulness more than makes up for it. One of the best features of this keyboard case is that you can eject the iPad in a snap. This allows me to use the iPad the way Steve Jobs intended ;). This is great for when I want to play games or read Flipboard and news apps. However, I absolutely need a keyboard. I would never have typed this long of a post on the virtual keyboard. Anyway, I did own the Zagg/Logitech keyboard for a while, but even though it had a superior keyboard, it was akward to use on my lap and it kept leaving marks on my screen protective film. The Adonit just covers all the bases for me: sleek and lightweight form factor, multiple use angles, solid (albeit small) keyboard, quick iPad removal. http://adonit.net

10. jmacnash macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip on this it looks quite cool!

11. TC25 macrumors 68020

Based on this post, you clearly need one.