What keyboard do you get with the mac pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by newkeyboard, Aug 17, 2007.

1. newkeyboard macrumors regular

On the UK apple store it looks like the mac pro is still bundled with the old keyboard. Is this just an outdated picture or are they not yet shipping it with the new slimline keyboard?

2. ephraim909 macrumors member

It is indeed the older keyboard. I had the same question when I ordered mine so I called Apple and they informed me that the new keyboard was only shipping with the new iMacs (and purchased separately of course). There was no surprises when I opened my Mac Pro and discovered the old keyboard.

Mikal

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

4. iBeard macrumors regular

I'm glad. I don't like the new keyboard. Especially for a Workstation computer.

5. newkeyboard thread starter macrumors regular

That's a shame. I really like the new keyboard. I had a look at it when I received the new iMac but that's going back as I didn't like the screen. I'll just have to ebay the keyboard and buy one of the slim ones separately. Thanks for the responses chaps :)

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I just got one for my home workstation. I have to disagree. It's a lot more comfortable to use. I'm making fewer typing mistakes. It took about ten minutes to get used to, then I was hooked (this is the wired one BTW).

How about it? What's the deal with Apple's sudden addiction to glossy screens? They're totally impractical for many people. And yes, definitely get the keyboard. You'll love it.