General What Keyboard Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ludatyk, May 25, 2014.

1. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

Unlike Apple, the jailbreak community has solved the lack of keyboard choices... With the update to AltKeyboard for iOS 7. Was just checking to see what keyboard jailbreak users are using. At this point for me, it's a toss up between NinType & AltKeyboard 2.

But there's PredictiveKeyboard, iKeyWi and I'm sure there's others that I haven't mention.

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Nin sucked last time I tried it. Gonna buy AltKeyboard 2 now and try it out.

As far as I'm concerned, the jailbreak still hasn't given us great options like on Android.

3. Ludatyk thread starter macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

When was the last time you used Nin? The dev has made improvements and is continuing to iron out any issue a user might have...

In regards to Android, I've had a Note 3.. Only 2 great options were Swype & SwiftKey. And NinType is similar to both those keyboards. But in terms of choices, Android has tons of choices to choose from compared to the Jailbreak. But not many great options to choose from..IMO.

4. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

About 2 months maybe. Are you using Nin daily? Is it the one from his myrepospace repo? Which version are you using?

5. Ludatyk thread starter macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

I'm on Version 0.0.1-1178.

I've been using it every since it was announced. Having had month tour with the Note 3 and came back to the iPhone.. I enjoyed SwiftKey.

I'm glad to have NinType since it's similar to SwiftKey in terms of Swipe capabilities.

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I go between exKey and Fleksy. I have TextExpander too, but that only works in the apps that include the SDK for it.

I like SwiftKey, considering we have the Note app, I wonder why nobody has tried getting it to work with other apps. I seriously only liked the different color choices when I used it in Android though.

7. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I loved AltKeyboard, but AltKeyboard 2 doesn't work for 7.1 beta 3. Like most tweaks out now lol and I can't go back to 7.0.6 so I miss out on a lot lately.
    Doubt it'll get updated for it so if you can use it enjoy it for me lol.
    Anyone know of any alternatives that do work on the betas?

8. Qaanol macrumors 6502a

I have a fair few keyboard tweaks:

DismissMyKeyboard
    SlideCut
    ReturnDismiss
    ShowCase
    SwipeSelection
    SwipeShiftCaret

And, while it’s not strictly a keyboard tweak, Platinum is excellent.

9. Samanosuke macrumors 6502

10. 0xyMoron macrumors 6502

Flesky app from the app store + Flesky keyboard enabler from Cydia.

11. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

I use this to keep my keyboard as the stock white iOS 7 keyboard in all apps. ;)

12. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

used nin for a few days recently with the newest update. i like it, but it gets annoying when its constantly autocorrecting my words. i think my 2 favorite things about it are the backspace function, and the sounds...