What keyboard improvements are you looking forward to in iOS6?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by saintforlife, May 28, 2012.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

I personally am looking forward to something like a swype keyboard that you have on Android phone. Once you use it, it is amazing. Any other keyboard features you are looking forward to in iOS6 this coming Fall?

2. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I would love to see a "character map" keyboard. So when enabled I would have access to every symbol available in the OS at a tap of the global key.

3. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

A numbers row at the top. Instead of pressing the '.?123' button. That's it!

4. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Yea just like on webos where u have numbers on top!

5. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

The Cydia tweak that is now SwipeSelection should be implemented into iOS6. It's one of the most useful tweaks out there

6. pblakk macrumors member

Nothing it's easily the best virtual kb ive used. And if they add "swype" I'll immediately toggle it off. :p. I'm too quick to dismiss.

7. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

My first smartphones were androids and I learned Swype (took a bit to get used to). As a consequence, I now type on my iPhone/iPad with only one finger instead of two thumbs. I really liked Swype and would like to see it in iOS6. But the iPhone/iPad keyboards are so sensitive that you don't even have to actually touch it (just hover really close) for it to pick up the signal, especially when going fast - so it's not too far different as it is.

8. akuma13 macrumors 6502a

akuma13

The iphone keyboard is near flawless. I've tried all different types of stock os keyboards but apple's own always comes on top. The closes thing to it is meego's keyboard. Swift Key would be in the running but I'm typing on my Galaxy Note now and it's lag city.