What Keyboard is this?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by YoYoMa, Dec 1, 2015.

  1. YoYoMa macrumors 6502

    Aug 3, 2006
    Random question I know, but very cool looking keyboard. Looks like a windows keyboard, but if anyone knows cool looking keyboards it's the mac folks. Anyone know?

    Attached Files:

  2. ScottishCaptain macrumors 6502a

    Oct 4, 2008
    Looks like a movie or TV prop.

    The base keyboard is a new style Apple wired USB unit, though the cord has been chopped off, and something has been placed under the front raise it up so the surface of the keyboard is parallel with the desk (rather then tilted slightly towards the user).

    There's also a silicon cover placed over the entire thing, which is why the keys look black. Judging by the icons above the Fn keys, it's a silicon cover for an older Apple style laptop- you can quite clearly see the screen brightness for F1 and F2, followed by the Expose (not Mission Control) icon for F3, the Spaces icon for F4, and the keyboard brightness icons for F5 and F6 (which were never included on any separate USB keyboard).

  3. flat five macrumors 603

    flat five

    Feb 6, 2007
    an example of the cover as mentioned by s.c.

  4. YoYoMa thread starter macrumors 6502

    Aug 3, 2006

Share This Page