What Keyboard/Mouse/other periphirals are everyone using?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Rampant.A.I., Sep 27, 2009.

1. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

I'm using a Logitech Illuminated Keyboard:

[​IMG]

And a Logitech G9x mouse:

[​IMG]

Also a Microsoft ARC mouse for when I'm on the go:

[​IMG]

What do you use?

2. maghemi macrumors 6502

3. springyfox macrumors member

I use the standard iMac wired keyboard (which I think is one of the best keyboards I have ever used, I know this may cause a little controversy!), and a boring Microsoft optical mouse.

Currently thinking about upgrading the mouse to a Logitech Revolution though - anything to avoid using the Mighty Mouse, wired, or otherwise!

4. captincroc macrumors newbie

captincroc

I always thought that would have been a pain to use! It's actually very conformable when I used it in an Apple Store but I found myself making typos because of it's layout; It requires some learning.

Me? I went with the Apple Keyboard from the last generation which was the clear plastic generation and the wired Mighty Mouse. I only use these because they came with my Mini as I bought it on eBay.

5. Rampant.A.I. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I had both the wired and wireless Mighty Mouse, and was not impressed on many levels.

The wireless mouse had a terrible battery life, and no dock for charging, even when mice around the same price range came with a dock. The left and right buttons worked most of the time, but not always, and the scroll ball kept messing up, or failing to track. Apple missed the boat with that mouse.

My wired Mighty Mouse only scrolls vertically now, except on the off days it feels like scrolling down. For the price, they just weren't worth it to me.

6. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Apple fullsize keyboard + Logitech VX Nano at home

I also have the S530 set at work

I travel with a VX Revolution for the laptop

7. azboricua macrumors 6502a

azboricua

Apple wired aluminum keyboard without number pad and Razer Mamba mouse. I'm trying to sell the Razer Mamba, I might put it on Ebay tonight. My hands are wayyy too big for it. :eek: It sucks I can t return it because ive had it a few days over the 14 day return policy.

8. Adam0306 macrumors regular

Adam0306

For me it is the wired full size apple keyboard and the wireless mighty mouse. As far as the battery dying, I havent changed the batteries since I got it. Although that was only about 8 months ago. Every once and a while it will stop scrolling one direction but then go back to working.

9. Syonidism macrumors regular

I'm using my old wired aluminum slim keyboard (with num pad, can't give up the numpad :p)

[​IMG]

and a razer mamba

[​IMG]

also don't know if this counts but im also using a razer Sphex gaming skin ^.^

[​IMG]

best keyboard + mouse ive ever had.

also when im on my laptop i use my iphone as a mouse :p i dont know if that counts also but hey...

10. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Logitech Wave wireless keyboard and MX Revolution mouse

11. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

Another vote for the MX Revolution mouse. Best one I've ever used. I complement that with the Logitech DiNovo for Mac.

12. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

Normal Apple keyboard with numpad, and a Logitech G5. I've had this setup for at least three years now, whereas before I would switch one or the other at least once a year as I grew tired of it. Maybe I'm getting "set in my ways" or something ;p

13. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

apple aluminium keyboard with the number pad ( wired )

and a trust DSR3700 mouse from a PC keyboard mouse set haha

currently saving up for a MX revolution <3

14. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

I use a Matias Tactile Pro keyboard and a wireless Mighty Mouse.

15. Alicia4065 macrumors regular

Apple wired aluminum w/number pad keyboard, apple wired mouse, razer lycosa keyboard and razer deathadder mouse. Razer products when gaming on the macbook :D

16. Makosuke macrumors 603

Another MX Revolution user. That's with an MBP, and I just use the built-in keyboard (oh, do I miss the numpad, though).

My desktop, which sees more use by my wife than I, has the aluminium Apple Wired keyboard (full sized--we both love that keyboard) and an MX1100 (which is a good size for my wife's small hand, somewhat surprisingly).

The MX1100 is actually a pretty good second choice to the Revolution, though I miss the auto-switch between ratcheted and free scrolling when I'm at that computer more than I'd have thought. It doesn't look quite as sexy, either, although I have a feeling it might actually be better ergonomically.

The Apple alu keyboard is incredibly good for ergonomics, in my uneducated-but-RSI-prone-view, because it's so thin it doesn't put any kink in your wrists and the short-throw keys require little pressure to actuate.

Home server/media center mini has a white-era Apple bluetooth keyboard and a Kensington Slimblade Media mouse (looks dead sexy and has play controls on the underside, though I wouldn't want to use it for an extended period).