What keyboard/mouse/trackpad, for use with TV?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by powerbook911, Apr 1, 2009.

1. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I just got my new $599 Mac Mini hooked up tonight. Wow. This thing is fast considering I still have only the 1GB of memory in it. For regular stuff, it feels as fast as my 2.4 GHZ iMac with 4GB of memory and normal speed hard drive.

Anyway, it works pretty good with my TV.

However, what type of keyboard or mouse do you recommend? Right now I'm having to use my powerbook to control it, using teleport along with a wired keyboard and mouse plugged into the back, hidden, just so it doesn't complain about not having one.

I don't know if I should go with the two Apple products, keyboard and mouse.

OR should I get a keyboard with a built in trackpad, since I will mainly be using it on the couch. What do you recommend?

Many thanks!!

2. RealaT macrumors regular

I use the Logitech DiNovo Mini. It's only as big as a remote control, but it has a full qwerty keyboard and a trackpad for mouse so you get full control of the OS from the comfort of your couch.

3. Undecided macrumors 6502a

4. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

I also use the DiNovo mini. Even though it is not technically supposed to work with Mac OS, it works like a charm. The only problem I have is when using FrontRow and needing to press Option + Escape to go back a menu. Does anybody have a better way to go back?

5. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

jtgotsjets

I use iTap on my iPod Touch. But same difference. If you're shelling out $150 for a little keyboard remote, you might as well go down on an 8 gig Touch.

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

The thing that I don't like about the diNovo Mini is the ugly flip up lid. Do ya'll like it? Does it get in the way or seem like it might break off easily. How well does the trackpad work?