What kills battery the most after jailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by creativedogmedia, Jun 5, 2012.

1. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

I'm seeing worse battery performance after the jailbreak and have a feeling it's because of the HTCAniPPH animated widget. Without me listing out everything I have installed are there any specific apps that you folks have seen that dramatically effect battery life?

2. MastahRiz macrumors 6502

Animated widgets will definitely take a toll. Anything that's constantly active is going to run down your battery faster. Winterboard and themes also have an effect. Try disabling your widgets for a day and see if that does the trick. If not, then give us the full list of what you have installed.

3. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

IMHO, I would stear clear of widgets and anything Winterboard. I noticed noticeable lag RIGHT AFTER I installed WB without ANY themes installed. YMMV, but this is what I noticed.

4. creativedogmedia thread starter macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

Anyone know how to remove this widget?

----------

When you say anything Winterboard you mean themes or tweaks applied via Winterboard?

5. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Running themes and a weather widget.
    Notice a snall hit on the battery but my mileage is better as I am not seeing any lag, unless the Ram is less than 80 meg.

6. Jedii macrumors regular

i noticed a battery hit after i installed ifile..

7. justinwebb macrumors regular

8. ccapman670 macrumors regular

I have decreased battery as well. I don't use winterboard or any themes but I use IntelliscreenX and I'm assuming it's that. That's the only app I have that changes display. The rest are stuff like MakeitMine, applocker, ifile, PDANet, Anyattach and etc.

9. Asator macrumors 6502a

Asator

Your contributions are always really insightful. :)

10. 5aga macrumors 6502

5aga

using widgets will definitely drain the battery but apps like iFile shouldnt really have that much impact.

I've noticed too that sometimes a ReSpring can cause the battery to go whacko too.
    as a rule I always calibrate the battery after jailbreaking, it generally seems to correct battery issues.

11. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

If you (or anyone else) has lag after installing winterboard, even if you haven't activated any themes, install the app "barrel". You don't even have to use the app's features, just have it installed with "none" selected for which animation to use. It eliminates lag completely. I don't know why, though.

12. justinwebb, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012

justinwebb macrumors regular

well mine was the only correct answer, seeing as how using the phone does indeed kill the battery. I'm glad you noticed it means a lot to me.

For me some battery drain is stuff in the notification center, like weekiller and the like cause every time I use it to close the apps it also loads location for the weather.

13. war eagle macrumors 6502a

I think iBlacklist is killing mine. Prior to the JB, I was getting awesome battery life on 5.1.1 on my 4S. I had been on twitter and facebook ALL day the first day I upgraded and I got to work at 11 until 8 and when I left I was still at 50%.

Fast forward until today a couple days after jailbreak and installation of iBlacklist only and i'm at 78% at 12:42 and by 3 o'clock i'll be at 50. Just dropped to 76% since the beginning of this post.

Nothing but app store apps and iBlacklist and Cydia are my only two jailbreak apps.

14. 5aga macrumors 6502

5aga

15. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Does the STOCK Weather Widget kill battery, even if the location is set to one city? (PRetty much it doesn't pull location every time it's pulled down)

and how about NCSettings and WeeTrackData? Would those have an effect on battery life too?

16. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Really? I had it for a while and uninstalled it.. I'll have to give that a go and see if it helps any. Thank you for the advice!