What kind of app would be best for this?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by GanChan, Jun 2, 2007.

1. GanChan macrumors 6502a

I am thinking about making my screenplay into a "movie" myself, using a combination of still photographs of actors, illustrated backgrounds, and keyframed pans, zooms, and other "camera" moves. I would then add multiple voice, sound effect, and music tracks. The final result would be less than an animated film, but more than a storyboard. If you get my drift.

What app or apps would i use to do this? I used to work with Final Cut but I don't have access to it anymore. Some combination of Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects maybe?

2. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I think you should be able to pull this off using iMovie's Ken Burns Effect.

P-Worm

3. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

After Effects would certainly be capable of that! iMovie would be okay, but I don't believe you can actually keyframe stuff like that in iMovie.

Using either of those programs, you might have to mix the audio separately. GarageBand would be fine, or for more control, a freeware app, Audacity, could be good.

4. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

If I was you I would go with after effects. To make your project really interesting your going to want to do a little more than just pan and zoom on still photos. If you use the various 2.5d techniques you can make your project look spectacular. Check out the link below to get an idea of how much you can actually do with still photos. :)

http://www.speaking-pictures.com/missingPages.html