What kind of bag do you put your MB or MBP in

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by feyn-man, Nov 5, 2007.

1. feyn-man macrumors regular

I will buy a 13" macbook in an apple store this wednesday. I'd like to buy a bag at the same time. But they have not the bag for 13" small laptop when I went to there yesterday. Maybe I have to buy it online. I like the vertical type shoulder bag on apple online store.

What you guys like?

2. greenbreadmmm macrumors regular

the swiss army synergy, for like 50 bux at circuit city, i love it

3. TimJim macrumors 6502a

For my MBP i bought a really basic Incase for $20 on ebay (it's 50 at the apple store)

Heres the link.

I took off the straps as well.

4. Demosthenes427 macrumors regular

The 13" InCase Nylon laptop case. It's nice, sturdy, and it has green fur-stuff on the inside which is really soft and awesome.

5. feyn-man thread starter macrumors regular

that sound good. where can I have a look.

6. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

7. feyn-man thread starter macrumors regular

but I want a backpack style. Do you have any sugestion?

8. jbstew32 macrumors regular

9. Dybbuk macrumors 6502a

10. hishat macrumors regular

hishat

click here for all the backpacks...i know its a uk website...but just take the ref number of the one you like...hope it helps

11. mavherzog macrumors 6502

I love the Zeroshock sleeves. Throw you MacBook in one of these and put it into whatever backpack, duffle, whatever you want.

12. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

I lug my 15" MBP around in one of Tom Bihn's Super Ego bags everyday and for most of the day and it definitely at the top of my recommendation list. Being a college student, I've always got heavy textbooks and notebooks in the bag along with the laptop but the Brain Cell protects the laptop from any damage. I've dropped it down stairs and I'm certainly not careful when setting my bag down as I take it off, but this bag holds up superbly.

13. phillipsm macrumors newbie

My Macbook lives in a 13" STM Loft and has so from day one, which has been very good to the 'book. Plenty of padding, ton's of compartments, nice quality and I love the colour of it.

http://www.standardtm.com.au/mediumloft

14. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I have three bags/sleeves for my MacBook. LOL

I first started with the Incase Nylon Sleeve/Case but then I decided it didn't hold enough of my notebook accessories so I switched to the Incase Neoprene Sleeve to insert into my regular backpack with my books and accessories in other zipper parts - this worked well.

Last month, I switched to the STM Small Alley for carrying my MacBook and accessories when I don't need to carry my books.

I've found all three to be well made and recommend them all for different situations. If you're a student with books and want to carry it all in one bag - go with a neoprene sleeve/insert.

If you don't mind carrying a second bag, can't go wrong with the Incase Nylon Sleeve or STM Small Alley (this carries more accessories/junk than the Incase)

15. Doylem macrumors 68040

Doylem

Black neoprene Incase sleeve for me (with the furry green interior). That's the 'first line of defense' whenever I leave the house with my MBP...

16. iBecks macrumors 6502

17. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i put my macbook in this sleeve, which sits in my Chrome messenger bag that goes everywhere with me. works for me. :)

18. deadkenny macrumors regular

19. None Such macrumors 6502

Black Incase Neoprene sleeve. Then I put it in an iPack, that my wife bought me. It has an input for your iPod and controls for it on the strap. I don't use that part much, but pretty cool.

20. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

+1

I have this case as well, and it definitely keeps my laptop safe from most of the dings. The cushioning offered by the case is really impressive, and I will not be surprised if I drop the thing with my MBP in it- and the computer will still be fine.

The only disadvantage is that this case only takes in the laptop- no other accessories. Also, it is a little bulky for me, when I have to squeeze it in my bookbag.

As a standalone case, its great, but you have to find some other place to carry your power adapter.

21. D3nZ macrumors member