What kind of coding is used to make apps with the SDK???

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by PhaserFuzz, Aug 20, 2008.

1. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

I have never messed with code before and I'd really like to learn it and develop some apps. I know this is probably advanced stuff that'll take awhile to learn, but I'd like to start messing with it now. What should I research and how advanced is it? I'd appreciate any help with links or anything. Thanks for any input!

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

depends on what you want to do. if you want to make a quick webapp using the SDK, all you really need to know if drag and drop with a bit of javascript.

3. detz macrumors 65816

If you've never programmed don't expect just to jump and and create something good. The current project I'm working on is approaching 4000 lines of code and it's a small project.

4. simonrobbie macrumors newbie

If you have a Mac, start reading the Objective-C and Cocoa documentation. Once you've followed a few tutorials on your Mac, using interface builder and Xcode, try some of the iPhone tutorials.

5. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Right, don't expect to make something good.... but you literally could create an RSS feed webapp to your favorite website in less than 30 minutes.

6. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

The native applications use Objective-C.

You might want to start learning C, C++, or Java.

Really, all you need to get down is programming concepts. Programming isn't so much the syntax as it is using the basic concepts to solve problems (e.x. cout [C++], printf [C], println [Java] obviously all look different, but they all do the same thing [approximately]).