What kind of headphones do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mscriv, Oct 9, 2009.

?

What type of headphones do you prefer?

1. Earbuds or in ear style

31 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. Over the ear classic style

21 vote(s)
    40.4%
  3. I don't use headphones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Just for fun I thought I would post a random poll. So here you go. What type of headphones do you use or prefer to use?

Earbuds or in ear headphones vs. Classic over the ear headphones

2. Love macrumors 68000

Love

I use in-ear ones that came with my BlackBerry

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

To be fair, I haven't really used anything but over-ear headphones, except for the regular Apple ones that iPods come with.

My good headphones are Sony MDR-NC6, I use that with my desktop/laptop at home, and the Apple earphones when I'm out and about.

4. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

The headphones you put on your head and go over your ears. They're the only ones I can use because I can't hear sounds from outside and they can't fall out, plus they're comfortable for me.

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Depends. Love most headphones that I own. But really, just depends on the situation.

6. happyfrappy macrumors 6502

Over the ears with active noise canceling is what I prefer however I do have Sony Studio Monitor headphones for podcast/music work. The average earbuds like the stock ones with iPods never fit me, they're thrown into the recycling bin when I buy a new iPod :)

7. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

+1 for over-the-ears from me. Although I use in-ears-- V-Moda Vibes for those who want to know-- for my iPods, I use over-the-ears for computer-based music composition/mixing and entertainment (YouTube, music, occasional gaming). My current OTE headset is the rather inexpensive Roland RH-25; I'm hoping to upgrade during the holidays.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Earphones for out and about
    Headphones for computer, work, home. Everywhere but outside I guess.

9. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Can't vote as I use both depending on what I am doing.

10. MacBOS macrumors 6502

MacBOS

I use Sennheiser HD-25 for work and play and i like them for the sound quality and noise canceling

11. ticklemonster macrumors newbie

Earbuds. I don't like over the ear headphones because they make your ears hot, they sometimes fall off, the texture of the "pillows" is annoying, and they make me squirm for the reasons stated. Then of course there are the height adjusters, which I am not even going to go into. ;)

But that is just me of course.

12. Keniff macrumors 6502a

Keniff

13. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68030

SactoGuy18

It depends on the device you're listening to. If you're talking a real home stereo with the 1/4" headphong plug, I prefer my old Sony MDR-CD750 headphone. For my iPods, I am now using the current Apple In-Ear headphones with the built-in volume control and microphone.

14. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

In ear headphones all the way.

I have some over ear headphones somewhere but I've not really used them since I got my first iPod in 2005. When I dug them up a while ago I remember thinking my in ears sounded way better anyway.

I just use basic Sennheiser cx300s. Sound's fine for me and they're so so comfortable.

15. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Earbuds are way too uncomfortable for me. I like big earmuff headphones.

16. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I use both, but really depends on the circumstances. Casually, in the car with friends or something IF I have my iPod it's earbuds.

I prefer the over ear jobs but sometimes they're just too bulky.

17. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I prefer earbuds, I don't need the best sound in the world but I want them to be pretty comfortable. I remember fighting the headphones, trying to get them to fit right and it was just not fun, so earbuds were a great change :)

18. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

The only drawback to the earbuds is the lack of bass; I love putting on the headphones and the sound and range is so good it almost takes you to another world...

19. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

my ears are the wrong shape for in ear jobbies for some bizarre reason so over ears all the way <3

20. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

My statement still stands, bass is sound, it doesn't have the best bass, therefore it doesn't have the best sound :p

Now my speakers for my MacBook Pro on the other hand, they have bass!

21. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

Same.. I use AKG K55 over-the-head headphones for monitoring when mixing my tunes, or watching movies.

I used to use Sennheiser HD25 over-the-head headphones but i found that they dont represent my mixes of songs very well.

I use Sennheiser CX300 in-ear buds when walking about, or while putting stock away at work. :)

Overall it really depends on what im doing! :)

22. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I was agreeing with you :)

23. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68030

SactoGuy18

One reason I use the current Apple In-Ear headphones is that I can control the volume and basic functions of the 4G iPod nano and 6.5G iPod classic I current own from the control on the headphone cable. :)

But for serious music listening on my iPod I also have a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-CK7ASV in-ear headphones. They sound really good on music downloaded from the iTunes Store (iTunes Plus format), Amazon MP3 Download store or the music I rip with 256 kbps VBR AAC encoding from my Compact Disc collection. [​IMG]

24. boast macrumors 65816

boast

i prefer in-ear when I'm out and about, but headphones for at home.