What kind of iPhone user are you??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajpak, Oct 22, 2008.

1. ajpak macrumors member

So I wanted to know what kind of people use iPhones! Career? lifestyle? student? Let me know what you use your iphone forrrr!!!

I am a full time student at UCLA, use my iphone mainly for keeping my day organized, heavy use of sms, emails, and browsing the web! :D

2. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Wirelessly posted (Newton: MessagePad 2100 (StrongARM; SA-110 162 MHz; CPU Newton OS 2_1 like Mac OS 9; en-us) Nethopper/101.01

Well I'll just say I'm very comfortable. I use my phone mainly for text and email. I do have a couple of dozens apps, but I rarely use it for an iPod. I use the iPod Touch for video's and music.

3. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I use it for my career. I use it as my iPod, and mainly suites my lifestyle well.

4. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

when im near my computer i mainly use it for texting, email, games, and ipod to help me fall asleep. When im away from my computer i use it to fill the gaps and it does very well

5. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I use mine as a PDA, for email, for sms, and web browsing. I also use it extensively as an iPod. I bought it so that I could cut down on the number of devices I had to carry. Two years ago I was carrying an iPod, a Windows Mobile PDA (I'm glad that's gone), a cell phone, and a laptop. I then got a Treo with WM on it and that removed one device. With the iPhone I get almost everything in one. So now all I carry is my laptop and my iPhone! :D

6. deimos256 macrumors 6502a

i only use the ipod on the iphone when im in bed, otherwise i have a perfectly functioning ipod video 30 gig that i use for music when im working

7. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

I used for all what I used a cellphone before, and a palm, to get my life organized and have internet access everywhere I go.
    I work for an automotive company and do a lot of travel, so when I'm on a plane I watch movies and listen to music + play very nice games.
    The camera has been very helpful for me and my co-workers to shoot some pictures when a camera is far away, so it speed up or performance on the job.
    Shoot, email, done.

8. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I travel a great deal for my business so the video iPod is a dream come true. LOVE watching movies at my convenience on the plane, waiting for the plane, or any downtime. Also use web and email heavily.

9. ajpak thread starter macrumors member

cool thanks for sharing! hopefully more people post :D haha

10. mets1125 macrumors regular

Web browsing, text, email, apps, and ipod. I like the web browser the most I feel like I have a mini laptop in my pocket.

11. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

Lots of school work on it, emails mostly and soon it will be helping me with my e-business as well..

12. milani macrumors 68000

milani

I use it as a student I guess - I do a lot of research on it, use it to help me study, organize my terribly disorganized life, etc. I also use it as my in-car iPod most of the time now as well. Oh and I use it as a phone. I guess not everyone knows about that function. :p

13. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Student. I use notes for my tasks (hmm I should get a task manager too). I also use iProcrastinate for my homework. I use the calendar for all of my events and I also use it as my iPod. I also text and email quite a bit.

I also use it to check the weather and news.

Seriously, since I received my iPhone, I have used my computer MUCH less than usual. It's great. I don't even feel the need to take my laptop to class anymore unless I am using OneNote to take notes.

14. Linuss macrumors regular

Use it to kill time between classes, and at work, and wherever I'm bored.

15. me2000 macrumors 6502

I'm a student.. so I use it to keep organized with my classes (iProcrastinate). I also text obviously; browse the web between classes, during classes if I'm that bored, and when I'm eating lunch or whatever; I also use it for email (my on campus job depends on email); iPod; and apps (games, etc.).

I love my iPhone. :)

16. Aznsensation45 macrumors regular

i practically use it for everything. It's my only music player, my phone, my web when i'm not home, and my portable game system. It's MY LIFE! =)

17. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

haha yeha actually nowthat i come to think of it, i check the weather on it a lot...:rolleyes:

18. reliantj macrumors 6502

i'm the student.
    i check my stocks everyday.
    i get bored in class and play games.
    i use iProcrastinate to organize assignments.
    i check what the weather's gonna be like for the day, everyday.
    i think about what torrents are out and vnc onto my laptop to start them.
    i use it to pump me and and keep me from getting bored at the gym.
    i play music from in to my cassette deck in my car.
    i use it to txt my friends and see what's going on.
    i use it to calculate my grade averages.
    the usual college student iphone uses.

19. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

I use mine for every feasible thing you could do with an iPhone. I love it.

20. Inukami macrumors 6502

Mostly for music, web surfing, checking email, IMing people and wathing youtube videos.

21. ajpak thread starter macrumors member

How long does your iphone's battery last without a charge?

22. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I get use out of most of it.

The top two uses (kind of obviously) are as a phone and iPod. I use the iPod almost all of the time in the car and the phone...well duh, when people call. I love using the packaged earbuds because it's much easier to talk/hear using that. No awkward holding the phone, and it's so much louder.

I use e-mail on the phone, but it's more of a "because I can" thing. I usually look at the important ones on the MBP when I get home so I can follow a link to a video or whatever.

I also use it for a shopping list, to-do list, news (RSS, AP Mobile News, NY Times), track gas purchases and mileage, info grabber (where is this address? where's the nearest starbucks? what's the weather like?).

I also use some games on it, but I still mostly use my Wii for those. I'm about to sell my Nintendo DS, mainly because I have the portable time-wasters on here. I liked a few of the games on the DS, but if they're not time-wasters, I want really in-depth games (Zelda, Guitar Hero, Pro Evo. Soccer, Mario Kart).

So basically I use it for everything. I wish there was an app that would give me local radio stations via the Internet, but so far there isn't. There are of course little additions the device needs, but it's gotta be the best smartphone out there for what I do.

23. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Now that is a thread in itself :p

(Really, it is already a long thread)

24. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'm the type of user who doesn't obsess over how I use my phone. :D

25. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I'm not a hardcore business used since I usually always have my laptop with me. I use my phone mainly as a phone right klnow. I keep track of my projects using Timewerks, I use Notes for shopping lists and general jotting, I only use the iPod about 25% ofthe time and mainly as a sleep iPod. Then i use maps ymobile and calendar a good amount of time. At night time wheni don't want to fire up the laptop I'll use my phone for browsing, games and checking email.