what kind of laptop bag for school?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by wannabe07, Mar 19, 2008.

1. wannabe07 macrumors member

I'm hunting for a new school bag that will work well with a MB and I'd love some advice. I'd like a messenger-style bag and I really like the vertical orientation like on the Crumpler Luncheon bag. Also, it needs to be big enough to hold some books in addition to a laptop (so a Medium Alley from STM is too small).

I guess I'd just like to hear different people's opinions on laptop bags and any other suggestions. Thanks!

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I picked-up my Laptrap at Macworld SF '08...

and I use it everyday, to and from school. One of the best features is the way it fits on my lap with the pockets on the side draping over each leg. It's an extremely "secure" position (non-slip material) for my new BlackBook 2.4 Penryn. It's also a backpack or an over the shoulder strap or use the carrying handle like a briefcase. Check it out:

http://www.highergroundgear.com/laptrap.html

About $55.00 USD plus tax.
    :cool:

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I thought you said a "backpack"...

my Samsonite 3-Day suitcase is smaller than that garbage hauler! That thing doesn't even look ergonomically correct. I know one-hump camels that look better than that thing. LOL:p:cool:

5. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

6. Holmes89 macrumors regular

Holmes89

I'm looking for a backpack as well but I think I may have found one. I'm looking at the STM Rogue, it looks perfect for me and is made for a Macbook.

http://www.stmbags.com.au/small-rogue-specifications.html

Does anyone have one of these or any other kinds of STM bags? Do you recommend them?

7. wannabe07 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I should have been more specific. I'd really like a shoulder-type bag, as opposed to a backpack. I go to my clinical placement in addition to class, so I'd like something semi-professional looking. Backpacks just feel so high schooly.

8. Holmes89 macrumors regular

Holmes89

Well I would still look at STM, they have shoulder bags as well.

9. MasterMacBook macrumors member

i have a STM shoulder macbook carry bag
    and its awesom and i loe it:)
    only $30AUD
    so cheap
    hi qualtiy great protection.

10. Italchef macrumors 6502

I actually just bought the Luncheon from Crumpler. I'm not a student, but it is big enough to hold your Macbook and some books. I think it's a pretty cool bag and feels good on the shoulder. The padding on the strap in major and feels really nice. The velcro closures are very strong but some have complained that it makes quite a racket and this could cause problems in certain situations. I like it and use an Incase neoprene sleeve as well.

Mick