What kind of macbook keyboard do i have?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacHappytjg, Aug 8, 2008.

1. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

Well my macbook top is completely F**Ked and thinking about buying one off ebay and, theres different versions. The ones on ebay are basically all version 2s, and have a certian connecter. I have a 1stgen macbook from northamerica with the normal keys and such if that makes a difference and am woundering if my top is a version 2.

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Version 2 is fine for Core Duo and Core Duo 2 models. If you have a Core Duo it should have an orange connector - if you take the battery out you will be able to see the orange connector between the grey cover/sticker and where it goes to the logic board.

The connectors are all the same, physically, but go for the Mark 2 (silver wire) version and it will be fine.

3. MacHappytjg thread starter macrumors 65816

so the version 2 is what i want? because i cant get my top off so im gunna go to my mac place and get them to replace it, since i dont have apple car i might be paying but there nice people and therer not an apple sotore and i buy ther lots so yea...And i have a core duon so wait what one do i want cause all i can ffind is the version 2s on ebay and yea...

4. vniow macrumors G4

Yes.

And lay off the speed. Its bad for you.

5. MacHappytjg thread starter macrumors 65816

haha not funny, so i want the silver connector not the bronze

6. logana macrumors 65816

logana

You can use either - it does not matter on a Core Duo machine.

Mark 2 (silver) works on Core Duo and Core 2 Duo
    Mark 1 (orange) works on Core Duo ONLY

You have a Core Duo therefore you can use either - just buy the silver one it will work fine.

7. MacHappytjg thread starter macrumors 65816

ok thanks, i wanna finally fix my macbook and its not on apple care so yea. Might turn it into a black one or as they call them zebra black on the inside white outside or other way around

8. m1ss1ontomars macrumors 6502

You're going to find that changing the outer (lower) case to black is going to be extremely difficult compared to only changing the upper case. BTW, if your new keyboard has the same function keys (F1-F12) as your old keyboard, you have likely bought the correct one.

Here's the results of my upper case white->black replacement:

[​IMG]

9. 204467 macrumors 6502a

That black case looks very shiny; what did you do to it, or is that just the light?

10. MacHappytjg thread starter macrumors 65816

theres a protective film on it and yes i plan on taking off the casing around the lcd and dying it black so it wont look completely redonk, :p and its not that hard i did it already. But for the keyboard and mouse and top or w.e i might get somone to put the new one on because i tried before and couldnt get my current one off, so yea...